L2D parts question

tnforever

Newly Enlightened
So, under the suggestion of a fantastic user, I'm looking into buying a L1D tube for my L2D so I can use it as an EDC and save myself a few bucks

At lighthound, I found that they sell a L1P (I presume quite old), L1T, and LD10, L1S tubes as well as the L1D tube. Now I assume if the threads fit, it shouldn't really matter considering it's just an aluminum tube that fits a AA battery. So I'm curious which tubes can also fit?

Also, I came across a Forward clickie (useful for EDC) switch that is listed for the L2D, I assume it'll work.

One more thing is that if I had an EDC, I'd prefer it to have a clip I can clip to my belt/pants/pockets. Is there a clip for it, like there is for AAA lights?

Finally, the dreaded lube. Now I know a tube of dielectric grease from autozone will work, but flashlightreviews (my introduction to the world of flashlights) says he used some lube with PTFE in it. I'd prefer not to spend loads of money on lube ($6 gets me 3 fl oz of silicone grease which will last me a hundred years). I know little lube is needed, so as long as I can get enough for a few years for a low price, I'm ok.

What would you recommend?

Thanks so much for all your help!

edit: 2 more things - I'd prefer my lube not to smell like sewer or something nasty

also, how well do Fenix's headband and diffuser cone work?

Last edited:

wishywashy7

Enlightened
also, how well do Fenix's diffuser cone work?

Pluses:
- It works extremely well for it's intended function, makes a very good tent lantern
- cheap
- nearly indestructible
- fits like a glove

Negatives:
Virtually none. Some people give it funny looks because it can be mistaken for a...:whistle:

If you're considering getting the white diffuser cone, might as well get the orange traffic wand; good for emergencies, playing aircraft ground crew, and a good light saber, I mean, knife for the kids :)

Phaselock

Newly Enlightened
I use the diffuser with my LD20 on camping and hiking trips. On low mode it makes a very good light inside my tent. The mid and high with diffuser is too bright (...for me).

Latest posts