New! Quarton "Beamshot" TD4 Just hit the market

acemery

Newly Enlightened
I copied this from the Beamshot website.

http://www.beamshot.com/tactical_light_td4.html

It comes standard with 2 CR123A batteries, a heavy duty holster and a red lens filter.

The price is about $150.00

BTW: I don't have any financial connection with, nor do I work for Quarton. I just think they make great stuff for a fair price.

Al

Features:
1. STRENGTHENED WINDOW— more durable window prevents breakage.
2. LED bulb—life time warranty.
3. FINNED BEZEL—provides better heat dissipation.
4. Finger control multi function tail cap.
5. 1" BODY—fits any scope mount.
6. Anti-Roll Design.
7. GRENELATED AND HARDENED STEEL STRIKE BEZEL gives emergency glass breaking capability.

[I imagine it'd work equally well on a face, too.:D]

Dimensions: (L x ø): 6" x 1"
Weight: 4.4 oz. - Incl. batteries
Construction: Aerospace-grade Aluminum
Battery & Life: CR123A x 2 batteries
Full power:1.5 hrs
Strobe mode: 3 hrs
Lowest power: 400 hrs
LED Brightness/Range: 240 lumens / 150 yards range
Operation: Momentary / Strobe & "S.O.S." signal and Constant-ON and adjustable light level
Lens: Tempered glass
Waterproof: 20 meters
Available Colors: Black (type III hard anodized)

Patriot

Flashaholic
Interesting light in several areas, the biggest probably being the multi-buttoned tailcap. I'm not sure if it would initially be intuitive to use in the dark or not, especially with a gloved hand but with practice I'm convinced anything can be operated naturally. I hope somebody picks up this light and does a review for us.

acemery

Newly Enlightened
I hope somebody picks up this light and does a review for us.
Thanks, Patriot.

I placed my order this afternoon. Their warehouse is about 15 min. away from my job. I'll pick it up tomorrow on the way home.

This will be my first review. I'll include some pictures and my opinions. I've been reading here for quite a while but I'm pretty much just off the beet wagon as far as the finer points.

lovecpf

Al

dano

Flashlight Enthusiast
I like the multi buttons. The pointy bezel is ridiculous (and I can't wait until that fad passes).

-dan

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
I agree the bezel is crazy, but clearly these are aimed (with laser precision) at the tactical market. Hopefully it's standard thread and not hard to replace. It would be a shame to have to grid it down and destroy the HA coating.

The three button tail cap is quite interesting. The new MA30 with its second side mounted switch seems like a better design though. Doubling up the Strobe button with S.O.S. seems a little crazy as well. I'd say they are working hard to find their way in flashlight UI design.

I like the anti-roll features.

calithekid

Newly Enlightened
The three button tail cap looks like it would be confusing to use in the field with out having to "look" at which button was being pushed.

horizonseeker

Enlightened
can't tell from the photo, hopefully they will have some type of tactile feedback on the buttons (knob, dots....) that will tell you which button you are touchin.

eyeeatingfish

Enlightened
The three button design is deffinately a new way of getting modes without having confusing cycling and timed presses.
Id be worried about smashing all the buttons in an emergency but they might be able to make this work.
For example program it so that if more than one button was hit it would default to high mode, that way you can smash the end and you dont get low.

I couldnt find if this were made in america or not. The corporate office seems to be in america.