• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired BOTH SOLD! Titanium Nitecore D10 Twins

jhanko

Enlightened
BOTH SOLD! I finally got caught up with PM sales and have a couple left. One with red trit, one with blue. These are Cree R2's. Made of 6AL-4V titanium. Flawless machined finish with tight, smooth threads. You WILL NOT be disappointed. Six vials in body, one in piston.Priority Mail included in the CONUS. Overseas, $10 more. Paypal to jhankoatcomcastdotnet. Thanks!

twins01.jpg

twins02.jpg

twins03.jpg

twins04.jpg

twins05.jpg

Last edited:

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Titanium Nitecore D10 Twins

there's one in the piston, and I'm going to guess others on the side that's not shown.

jhanko

Enlightened

Yes, there's six equally spaced around the body. Only 2 or 3 are visable at one time depending on the position.

Jeff

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

:drool: Must... resist.
May I know what's the length of this?

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'll take the one with blue trits.

Hey can you send the original aluminum body as well?

:paypal:

Last edited:

jhanko

Enlightened

The blue one is sold pending funds.
Zeruel, it is ~1/16" longer than a stock D10. This is because of the crenelations.

Jeff

jhanko

Enlightened

Dave - Payment received. It will go out first thing in the morning. Track it here. Original body will be included. Thanks!

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast

I bought one of these a little while back, and they're worth every penny :thumbsup:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm having a hard time with the sense of scale. They look like long McGizmo PD, but I know they are thinner than that. Got a pic next to a regular D10?

jhanko

Enlightened

I'm having a hard time with the sense of scale. They look like long McGizmo PD, but I know they are thinner than that. Got a pic next to a regular D10?

The light is basically the same size as a stock D10. It is ~1/16" longer due to the crenelated bezel. The diameter of the head & tail is ~1/32" larger to allow grooving the head. The diameter of the grooving on the battery tube is 1/8" smaller than stock. Hope this helped...

Love that clip! :twothumbs

Put me down for at least two, if you decide to sell them separately.

Donn,
Let me think about that a little bit... Thanks.

d10compare.jpg

Jai02

Newly Enlightened

Please somebody get this!! I'm trying hard to resist on buying this :crazy:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thankfully, my pain of resistance is alleviated when the one with blue trits is taken..... :sweat:

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast

Got it today!

The Deal:
Great communication, fast shipping! :thumbsup:

The light:
Great machining, perfect Trit installation, perfectly centered LED. :twothumbs

My_Ti_d10.jpg

I would feel better if the clip was thicker stock since so much material has been removed for the cool design. My hole in the radioactive symbol is not circular but handmade products are like that. Not sure if I will take a dremal to it. The piston button is a bit more recessed than the regular D10 which makes activation harder but should make accidental activation harder as well. I might try to make a thinner plastic isolation spacer, but it works fine as is.

The D10 light engine is IMHO the best AA engine available but still needs some minor firmware tweaking. The only thing I'm dissatisfied with is the D10 ramping which seems different on every unit. This one ramps super fast at the low end and super slow at the high end, about 2 of the 4 seconds are dedicated to high levels that all look like max. Sort of anti-logarithmic. My original is slower at the low and faster at the high. Nitecore needs to fine tune there ramping just a bit more. (Think logarithmic, 6 seconds total and double flicker at the ends so you know when to stop pushing.)

R2 is noticeably brighter, and a slightly better tint than my Q5 D10 and thank god they fixed the ramping flip at min and max.

JHanko,
When I decide to upgrade the module, how do I get this thing apart.

Last edited:

jhanko

Enlightened

Got it today!

Dave,
Glad it arrived safely. Thanks for reporting back with your honest findings. I didn't make these clips. I designed them and had them made on a CNC laser cutter. I just checked my bag of clips and found 11 out of about 100 that had a little flat spot in the center hole on the trefoil symbol. The hole kind of has a D shape. Looks like there's a little glitch in one of the ballscrews on his machine. Sorry I missed it. If you're not comfortable rounding out that flat spot, I'll send you another clip. As far as disassembly goes, Tekno_Cowboy explained it all, except you don't have lift the driver board to get to the slots. With a long, small pair of needle nose pliers you can grab the slots and unscrew the engine.

Jeff

Latest posts