i forgot what i bought.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
am i getting old ..

or do i buy too many lights without thinking..?

i sure hope its the latter.

last week i saw a notice of package from United Kingdom and all i thought was "COOL Lummi sent my raw.." went to p.o. and found alpkit gamma in there..

huh, what..right, i DID expect this to come..

dont get me wrong, i was happy to get it but kinda didnt expect it to pop out of the package.. so i kinda forgot it.

that wasnt bad.. i can almost explain that because my long anxious wait of raw. it just consumed my mind when i saw the UK stamp. i think.

but it gets worse..

today i was writing a reply here in cpf and i completely forgot during it that i had ordered d10 yesterday! without multitasking and going to my emailbox at the same time i wouldnt of remembered it in time to add it somewhere into my post. sheesh!

i obviously need to keep the number of lights under 20 or i might forget what i have,

cuz i already have some difficulties remembering quickly, where i last saw the ones i currently have.

beeing over 30 is no picnic. i cant imagine what i will be like few decades from now. or older.

concept0

Enlightened
I'm going to hit 30 in a few months, and I'm in the same boat as you. It took me forever this morning to mentally take inventory on the lights I'm waiting on. Kept forgetting one every time. I think the list is:

EN Aleph 1 w/ GDuP
Zebralight H501 (warm)
Nitecore EZ AA (warm)
Legion II Special Edition (warm)

Not to mention I'm also waiting on a couple new Spydercos...

sygyzy

Enlightened
I am the same way but not only with lights. I buy so many toys and I don't even remember stuff coming. What's sort of cool (depending how you look at it), is I no longer anxiously wait for packages. Before, when I bought less, I'd have the tracking number ready, refreshing the UPS/FedEx page til it arrived. That was the highlight of the month. But now I am getting packages, sometimes daily, it's sort of like Christmas everyday.

The downside is if a seller is weeks behind sending the product, sometiems I won't notice and follow-up. This gets me in trouble sometimes.

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmmm.. you wouldn't mind if those forgotten lights ended up in my pocket, would you?

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Same age group, same experience recently.

Go to the mailbox and find something you wanted but totally forgot you went ahead and ordered. You are not alone!

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, I do keep some sort of inventory list to keep track of the 32 lights I purchased the first 3 months I am here.... :sick2:

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Once you get over 50 you don't care if you forget. Actually I have more trouble remembering where I've put the lights after they arrive.

Geoff

Seiko

Newly Enlightened
Bought 3 D10's 1 on accident because I forgot that I had already scored one that day LOL. Now I keep a sticky note of incoming boxes and what they should contain on my desk.

But still get the occasional surprise box for DX or KD that I ordered 3 months ago and forgot about :)

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
At one point I made a text file on my desktop named "package expecting", because I can't remember what do I have coming with all the trades and buys.

seaside

Enlightened
Don't worry now. Being closer to 30 is not bad at all.
You will forget even more than now as years pass by. :crackup:

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Computer + Notepad = my memory :) You have a 'Waiting For' List. Simply save to hard drive and backup to flash or mobile device. Check daily.

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
glad to know im not only one.

should there be a support group for forgetful flashlightholics?

hah.

it gets worse. i do update the "flashlights you bought this month" to keep tabs on things i order and buy..

but even with that i forgot one that i bought!! (the AAA light for cheap zc batteries i had) ARGH!

without my cellphone i would just forget everything.. things to do, places to go, stuff to buy and birthdays etc.

and my stupid phone has an option of removing ALL notes from calendar before certain date by only pressing ONCE for "ok"! stupid stupid stupid! -cleaned all notes now TWICE in 10months i have had it. dunno what i have missed or forgot cuz of that.

post.it notes and notepads.. useful: if i find a pen in time. or find the pad.. or actually find the note i made previously, when i actually need it!

i need one of those voicerecorders for organizing things. but i hate to listen my own voice! hah.

**i normally once a year go look for something i need that i knwo i have stashed somewhere in my garage etc and find something ELSE i havent seen in years or something i DIDNT know i own! -but dont find the thing i look for. yesterday/today: looked for waterpump driven by electricdrill..i know i have 2 but didnt find em.. bought new one.

but i did find these while looking for the pump:
1. new earmuffs
2. 6pairs of new leather workgloves
3. diamond sharpening tool.
4. new bandana
5. paracord.
6. new set of drill bits

so basically i saved alot of money when i found em..
nearly worth 100$ of stuff i forgot i have.