9NT tailcap question/problem

Francois1

Newly Enlightened
I have now two 9nt's and I quickly noticed that one is slightly dimmer than the other. I switched batteries, lamp
assemblies, and still had the same problem. It's only when I changed the tailcap's push button assembly (pba) that the dimmest went brighter and vice-versa, so the problem lies in this part of the tailcap. I've noticed that on the dimmest, the pba's metal has a typical mat (non shiny) aluminium color, and on the brightest, which is also the most recent, it's slightly yellowish. Hence it seems that surefire improved the conductivity of the pba sometime between the #116763 (the dimmest one) and #122879 (the brightest one) in changing the metal composition. Now, my question is: do you know where one can still have some of these "revised" push button assemblies ?
I'm open to any other suggestions.

François

K-T

*Moderator*
You might want to contact Norbert Königer, last time I checked he had every part for the tailcaps. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif It's not cheap though. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Francois1

Newly Enlightened
Thank you Klaus, I will contact him as well as surefire's customer service. Btw, did you measure the hotspots diameters @20 feet ?