Your Top 5 Lights

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
What are your top 5 favorite lights in your collection? Please feel free to explain what you like about them, and also feel free to just list them.:)

For me currently:

1. AmondoTech Titanium Mega Illuminator
2. Wicked Lasers CORE
3. Stanley 5 watt rechargeable LED spotlight
4. Dorcy 6 watt K2 Luxeon 4C LED spotlight
5. Brinkmann MaxFire Dual Xenon Spotlight

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
1. Milky U2by2 12mm reflector Rebel TFFC 100's on a very early flat sided U2 body that holds an 18650 without any boring and an orange switch boot

2. McGizmo Haiku with glow O-rings and glow boot

3. Yellow Surefire G2 with rite-write on the M60LL optic and a tint correction gel to take the light from 5500K to 4500K with a glow O-ring under the UCL lens also has a clicky switch modded stock tailcap with glow boot plus a self made big tritium keyring hanging off the lanyard ring, whew! (most effort spent on a G2 ever)

4. Surefire M3 head wearing a Ti bezel ring housing an OP reflectored LED module (one of a kind) with a 5A Q3 emitter on a M4 battery tube and a Z48 clicky

5. Surefire C3 holding a very rare select tint R2 Lumensfactory drop-in with a factory smooth reflector and a Z48 clicky with a tritium set into the grip ring notch, awesome place to put a tritium!

Last edited:

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
Thanks for the links PetaBread and I am very sorry if this topic seems repetitive, I just mean to ask what are your personal favorite lights in your collection rather than what lights are the best to own or what you would want if you could only have 5 lights (which for me would be much more practicality based than just my favorites).:)

Awesome list sgt. LED!:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Benson

Flashlight Enthusiast
  1. Akoray K-102 (1x10440) -- so-so brightness, but gorgeous beam design, and alkaline/NiMH compatible. Oh, recessed (tailstanding) forward clicky, too!
  2. 4D Mag P7 (4xD NiMH)-- Bright, nice beam, 190-minute regulated runtime, alkaline-compatible, nice size :D, and my first real mod.
  3. Akoray K-105 (1x14500)-- quite bright on a 14500, alkaline/NiMH compatible, fully programmable 3-mode.
  4. Stanley HID -- It's an HID. It's wicked bright. And it's instant-starting. For $70, who wouldn't be in love?
  5. 2C Mag61 (2x18650 or 2x25500) -- This really doesn't deserve last place, but I do like the others better. Even brighter than the P7, perfectly stock exterior, this is an awesome pocket blaster, and as good a bikelight as the P7. But the 20-30 minute runtime is limiting, even with spares. (And it's not really alkaline-compatible :(, although I think it could run on 3xCR123 primaries in a pinch, using the 18650 tube and the regular spring...)

ypsifly

Enlightened
E1B in silver. My "going out at night" light.

E1e with red filter. My work light. Great for inspections. Filter is used mainly to protect the lens when in pocket.

Fenix PD20. Always in my jacket pocket.

Fenix L2D CE. Always in my back pack.

Streamlight Nano. Always in my pocket connected to my SAK.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
1. McGizmo McLux III PD-S
2. Ra Clicky Tactical
3. Ra Twisty
4. Muyshondy Aluminum Nautilus
5. Titanium Bitz

My PD-S is my favourite overall light but the others are not in any particular order.

Muddquez

Newly Enlightened
In order of most used

KX2 two level head with E1E body and E1B tail with an AW RCR123:thumbsup:
Novatac 120P
E1B with E2DL tail
Surefire A2
RA-100 Twisty

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Not based on amount of use. Just like 'em.

LiteFlux LF3XT
Proton Pro
Surefire L1
Zebralight H50
Arc LSL

Geoff

Federal LG

Flashlight Enthusiast
My TOP 5 lights:

Surefire E1B Silver, Fenix TK20, Fenix P1D, Surefire L1, Fenix L2D.

broadgage

Enlightened
1) 7D maglight, for things that go bump in the night, handy impact weapon
2) AA minimag with Teralux drop in, EDC, good and bright and has the reassurance of the incan bulb in the tailcap if the drop in fails, unlikely though that is.
3) Bardic handlamp with Everled, old-tech, durable, and the signaling feature is useful outside of the intended use which is railways. Too heavy for EDC, but is carried in addition to (2) when required
4) Surefire 6P, small compact, bulbs and batteries a bit expensive in the UK so not used that much.
5) Homemade pocket HID, when I made it, I dont believe anything brighter was available in the size, though thats no longer the case.

I have several of items 2, 3, and 4 so as to allways have a spare at home and at work.

kelmo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently and in no particular order;

Aeon - pocket rocket with endurance

C3 w/turbohead+FM24 diffuser+Z48 tailcap - it's my coolest looking light

M6 - my brighest

6P w/M60W or BOG Q5 Super Premium drop-in - small, bright, and easy to fix out in the field (got a P60L in my spares carrier)

Arc AAA - there in all my 1st aid kits

pec50

Enlightened
My list reads like a group of unglamorous yet unsung heroes ...

PT EOS rebel bike kit for versatile carry -- headlamp, angle-head mount, bike light mount, etc
Streamlight Microstream for its clicky, good illumination, and low cost
Photon Freedom tiny, nonmetalic, wearable, long runtime when ramped down
Fenix E01 small, simple classic w/ good runtime
PT Attitude 30 lumen or Snowled mod, the one light I would want on a deserted island, nonmetalic, 100 ft waterproof, simple, extraordinary runtime

GPB

Enlightened
1. Surefire E1B (great brightness for size and impressive throw )
2. Surefire G2L (Durable, dependable, simple, bright, not too big)
3. Tiablo MA1 ( 2 mode single AAA light. My edc )
4. 3D Mag w/ Terralux Drop in ( I have an emotional attachment to the 3D Mag....I can't explain it )
5. ROP High.....I don't have one yet, but someday I will. I think its kind of a right of passage for a flashaholic to build one. The funny thing is I want this light really bad....but I have completely sworn off incans. Go figure.

MWClint

Enlightened
Brass Peak Pacific high cri p4
EX10 high cri p4
Brass Peak Rainier DSWOI P7/2amp bi-flupic
Spy 007
Barbolight bomb proof host w/4 high cri p4's - has ousted my mag mods.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the links PetaBread and I am very sorry if this topic seems repetitive, I just mean to ask what are your personal favorite lights in your collection rather than what lights are the best to own or what you would want if you could only have 5 lights (which for me would be much more practicality based than just my favorites).:)

I see these threads so often it's crazy:crazy:, and you know what? It doesn't mater because I'll go and read the whole thing again:D! Why? Because this is the only thread that can be remade every 2 weeks and still be worth reading because people here often sale / get new lights and it's nice seeing what the new lights are being used by the same person a few weeks down the road. Example: say Fenix releases "The such and such" model, I want to see if in a week a good number of guys are using it in their top 5, then I can consider it a sound light:twothumbs.

brucec

Enlightened
1. McGizmo LS20 - my "if you could only have one light for the rest of your life" light
2. McGizmo Ti PD-S - my EDC
3. McGizmo Haiku - nicely spaced levels + my favorite clickie switch
4. Photon Microlight II - my keychain light for 10 years and running
5. Zippo - 1.0 candlepower, lights cigarettes, and can also be used as a handwarmer

maxspeeds

Flashlight Enthusiast
-McGizmo Ti LunaSol27 pd
-McGizmo Ti Mule pd
-McGizmo Ti A19 with biflupic MC-E
-Surefire L6 with MC-E driven at 700mA to each die
-Surefire KT2 / Fivemega 2x18650 body / AW softstart / lumensfactory EO-M3T bulb (my homemade super-M4)