'Member of online torch community saves child after deadly snake bite' Full story

aussiebob

Enlightened
Armidale NSW - A teenagers quick thinking saved the life of a young child earlier today. Marie Felsic, 7, was at a outdoor expo with family when a snake bit her lower leg.

Jason Robertson, 19, was attending the same event, he describes hearing cries and people running to the snake displays. He followed the commotion and reported men yelling for spotlights. "I saw these two blokes darting around the display, they were yelling for spotlights". Robertson acted quickly in aiding the medical personel, he supplied both men with flashlights.

"The situation was getting serious" a onsite medic told the news crew. "We had to identify the snake, we couldnt see under the floor where the it (the snake) was suppose to be".

Mr Robertsons quick thinking allowed the medical personel to navigate the dark area and finally locate the snake.

Robertson is a member of a online torch community, he tells the news crew, "you never know when you will need a good light", he then proudly displays his collection.

Maries parents are thankfull to everyone who helped save her daughter. She is currently recovering in Palmswich hospital. Local authorities and the RSPCA and trying to determine how the deadly snake escaped.

Full story - http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29975985/

concept0

Enlightened
Was that one of us?

EDIT: But then I was also one of the first to ask for details about the great new clip 7777 was offering...

Last edited:

AvPD

Enlightened
I recently passed through Armidale while driving back to Adelaide from Brisbane, a nice area. What would be the chances of people requiring two(!) of the torches you EDC in an emergency and having a journalist nearby to write a report about it. By the way that link is for a different article.

AvPD

Enlightened
Forgot already about April fools day, I guess this is what happens when I sit in front of the computer browsing forums rather than come up with something better to do...