Surefire Flashlight Knowledge Test

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
we here is a test (but not for the Surefire experts). Let the newer guys search for it...

What flashlight is this?

surefireflashlights.jpg

Enjoy, Kostas

Last edited:

Size15's

Flashaholic
Those were the good old days... :popcorn:
I'm not sure there are very many other people round here who got to actually play with those beauties.

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
M2D Centurion Digital Series

that was fast! better dig up older stuff from past SF catalogs next time....

Hey I did not expect any surefire nostalgia....seems reasonable when you are along time owner/afficionado!

all the best, Kostas

Size15's

Flashaholic
Hey I did not expect any surefire nostalgia....seems reasonable when you are along time owner/afficionado!
There remains a desire for SureFire to release other regulated incandescent flashlights. The A2 is lonely and the other proto-types promised so much higher output - into the hundreds of lumens.

Here's me talking to PK about the Digital M3DT at SHOT Show 2002 I believe.
P234.jpg

Here's an interesting quote from a member of an internet discussion forum at the time (Wed Aug 07, 2002 6:29 am):
They can't keep doing this forever! They research something, make protos, then dump it for another proto.....then do some research.....make proto....dump proto for better proto....etc

At some point they have to release a light to sell right? Sheesh.
How things have changed... :rolleyes:

People who have been interested in SureFires for as long as I have recognise that this is how SureFire develop new products. We don't get annoyed by SureFire continuing to be themselves and conform to their stereotype.
We can however, tend to get annoyed that 'everybody else' doesn't seem to realise this, nor accept this when informed by us. It's the way SureFire is and it's not worth getting worked up over.

Al :D

9x23

Enlightened
That looks like the Surefire Batonlight from the mid 90's or thereabouts.

9x23

Enlightened
Bingo, 3BL & 6BL

Thanks for confirming....I had to run off and look for my mid 90's Surefire Law Enforcement catalog to check but I couldn't find it. I hope my wife didn't throw it in the recycling. It was a cool catalogue with everything they made at the time and I recall it even had retail and law enforcement pricing.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
a surplus shop near me had one of those 6bl lights a while ago, i had a look at it, but didnt end up buying it

i havent been there for a while, i hope they still have it, i might grab it if they do (not that its any use to me, i no longer carry a baton)

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
So what exactly was the M2D supposed to have been?

And why didn't it see release in a form optimized for an existing lamp assembly or something?