Planning to buy a JetBeam Jet III M off Ebay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albinoni

Banned
I am planning to get a JetBeam Jet III Military version off Ebay as this seller is offering a very good price ($99.99 US) for this torch which also includes everything you get normally eg Torch, gift box, spare o'rings etc and also he's throwing in 2x free Ultrafire 18650 protective rechargeable batts plus ultrafire 139 charger and holster as well.

My main concern is what are Ultrafire 18650 batts like and are they safe or ok to use. I know there are many nasty batts out there that have had a habbit of blowing up etc and this is the last thing I'd want in a lovely torch like this. Also I believe these batts are a 2400 mAh. I just hope their a reputable batt and ok to use.

The other thing is I also hope I can use the charger here in Australia as our voltage here is 220/240V.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe I'm missing something, but that doesn't seem especially cheap. Bugoutgear are selling them for $78 US. You can get the WF-139 charger from DX for $12.46 and Ultrafire batteries for $10 a pair. DX shipping is included, though I'm not sure about Bugoutgear and your ebay source for the light.

I realise there's not much of a difference, but BOG is (IIRC) an authorised dealer, and you also have the option of just buying the light for $78 and a better pair of batteries elsewhere. I'm not knocking your ebay source as they might be really good, but given the choice I'd lean towards a known, reptutable dealer if the price difference is small.

As for the charger, it should be fine with 220/240v. You may need to change the plug though. I'm thinking of getting one of those myself.

Albinoni

Banned
Maybe I'm missing something, but that doesn't seem especially cheap. Bugoutgear are selling them for $78 US. You can get the WF-139 charger from DX for $12.46 and Ultrafire batteries for $10 a pair. DX shipping is included, though I'm not sure about Bugoutgear and your ebay source for the light.

I realise there's not much of a difference, but BOG is (IIRC) an authorised dealer, and you also have the option of just buying the light for $78 and a better pair of batteries elsewhere. I'm not knocking your ebay source as they might be really good, but given the choice I'd lean towards a known, reptutable dealer if the price difference is small.

As for the charger, it should be fine with 220/240v. You may need to change the plug though. I'm thinking of getting one of those myself.

Sorry but I thought it was cheap also remember I am in Australia and not USA. I think what your saying is to buy the torch, batts and charger seperately and this way it might work out cheaper, plus I might be able to pick up the charger and perhaps better batts with higher mAh somewhere else.

Anyhow this is the link to the Ebay seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JETBeam-Jet-III...yZ163866QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This other seller is offering for US$79.00 but I'm not sure if it also includes the charger, though he does include the 18650 battery.

Also he says Free Shipping but if I scroll down to the shipping part and put in Australia it says Standard Int Flat rate, so really is it free ?

This is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JetBeam-Jet-III...yZ106987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
imho that price, including charger and cells, ist quite good

ask for an adapter for Your wall plugs (if AU and US is different)

there are many nasty batts out there that have had a habbit of blowing up etc
forget that, or better: forget any advise the guy telling You this gave :rolleyes:
one needs to do SOME things wrong to have cells fail and even then the chance of them blowing with force is smallest.

Just always use "protected" cells - as the link states - and You are on the safe side.

Zatoichi

Flashlight Enthusiast
The second link does look like free shipping, but I'd be a little concerned about returns to HK ebayer if things went wrong. I'm not saying they aren't cheap (they both look reasonable), I'm just pointing out you can get similar prices from an authorised dealer. I'm thinking of customer services after the sale.

Bugoutgear also have a coupon code for a 10% off their Jetbeam lights (cpfjet). I'd check it's still valid with reduced priced items though.

cheetokhan

Enlightened
I have ordered several lights from HKEquipment on eBay and been very happy so far.
Also, since you are in Australia, there is a member here on CPF that used to be a Jetbeam dealer in Australia and he stated recently that he still has a lot of Jet III lights left over from closing his shop. I'll see if I can track down his username for ya.

Edit: The username I was looking for is 656nm

Last edited:

DM51

Flashaholic
d1live, your posts attacking another member are unacceptable, and I am removing them. Please take a few days off to read the rules.

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sorry but I thought it was cheap also remember I am in Australia and not USA. I think what your saying is to buy the torch, batts and charger seperately and this way it might work out cheaper, plus I might be able to pick up the charger and perhaps better batts with higher mAh somewhere else.

Anyhow this is the link to the Ebay seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JETBeam-Jet-III...yZ163866QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This other seller is offering for US$79.00 but I'm not sure if it also includes the charger, though he does include the 18650 battery.

Also he says Free Shipping but if I scroll down to the shipping part and put in Australia it says Standard Int Flat rate, so really is it free ?

This is the link:

http://cgi.ebay.com/JetBeam-Jet-III...yZ106987QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Buy the Military from Bug Out Gear, buy a charger from 4sevens with free shipping then cut the US style plug off and fit an Aussie plug. The charger can accept up to 240V making it suitable for Australian use.

Buy good quality AW rechargable batteries from 'Extreme Torches.com.au' (Based in Sydney I think). I did all of the above and got excellent results.

Good luck,

James...:)

Albinoni

Banned
I have ordered several lights from HKEquipment on eBay and been very happy so far.
Also, since you are in Australia, there is a member here on CPF that used to be a Jetbeam dealer in Australia and he stated recently that he still has a lot of Jet III lights left over from closing his shop. I'll see if I can track down his username for ya.

Edit: The username I was looking for is 656nm

Yes thats correct, I think he use to run/own Souther Lights if I'm correct.

STi

Newly Enlightened
Bought my JET 2 PRO off ebay from (sportinggoodsunlimited) for $59 with free battery.

I really like this light! It throws a nice tight beam!

Last edited:

Albinoni

Banned
Ok found another good deal and this time from an authorise dealer in the US, though he/she does not offer free shipping but the deal is quite good as he/she's offering 2x 18650 batts with charger. Now both the batts and charger are from JetBeam but would be interesting to know who their made by eg. Ultrafire etc.

[eBay link removed - DM51]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts