Old time Battery labels

garilla

Newly Enlightened
miserable state of NJ, actually it is only the pol
I was thinking that if you print out old time battery labels on self adhesive paper then cover with clear spray or clear acetate you could wrap it around a D or C cell and have a great looking vintage battery! I started to look on the web for pics which I found but not too many of all sides to cut and paste together, anyone have any ?? Care to share ??

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Sounds like a neat idea. I'd probably go for some old labels if they were available. If nothing else, it would make cool display pieces.

Backpacker Light

Enlightened
That is an interesting idea. But you are right, the picture is usually only of one side of the battery.

I buy any old flashlights that I see at garage/estate sales and antique shops, and sometimes the batteries are still inside.
I don't know why, but sometimes the batteries just die, and they actually never start leaking. So I throw the old batteries in a box, and have started a small collection that way.

I wonder if there are any collector's out there that somehow peels the labels off, and displays them flat in some kind of scrapbook??

garilla

Newly Enlightened
I found these and did some photoshop on the Eveready one,
print at 2.2" for height and it will fit a D cell exactly in
height, trim to length
752_cr.png

This one is from a 9v, cool looking
gridbias.jpg

here is a good one
U12.jpg

hahah leak proof
EvereadyDCellBattery.jpg

Last edited:

Burgess

Flashaholic
to Garilla --

Thank you for that Ebaay link - they're Beautiful ! :kiss:

Oh, and i really enjoyed yer' Burgess Battery advertisement. :)

Can't say i ever saw that one before.

Hey, Welcome to CandlePowerForums !

:welcome:

You certainly fit right in !
_

garilla

Newly Enlightened
my brother found these, ready to print !!! Checkout those expiration dates, Pull these babies out of your flashlight and show someone that
they are still good hahahahah!!! After all those years
eveready1D.jpg

burgess1D.jpg

ok_radio_battery.gif

How about labels for 18650s to make them look better, start with one of these and add in
Litihium Ion 3.7V Rechargable, old look , new bat !!!

garilla

Newly Enlightened
I printed these at work on the color printer, used some self adhesive paper
from office depot
100_0456.jpg

applied some clear acetate sticky plastic film
100_0457.jpg

cut out the stickers
100_0458.jpg

applied stickers to new batteries, look at those "best used by" dates !!!
100_0462.jpg

Not a bad beam for 50+ year old batteries wouldn't you say???? Impress your
friends how these old batteries are still powering your light, they'll be amazed!! My old Ranger is loving the old bats!!
100_0463.jpg

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
As cool as those are, you only get to see them twice, when you put them in, and when you pull them out after they die. I don't know about you guys but I think it would be absolutely awesome to resize them for li-ions and stuff, I'd love to have 18650 cells dressed up to look like they cam form the 50's. Then your friends would really ask questions when they saw them sitting in the charger:confused::D!

Oh I just noticed someone else had this idea! Great minds think alike!

Beacon of Light

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool to see they expiration dates on batteries back then. Odd thing is I don't recall ever seeing dates on any battery from the 70's and 80's before. Seems like once there was "born-on dating" from BUDWEISER then you started seeing Duracell/Energizer using the Good until 2017 labels.

Juggernaut

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I tried my hand at re labeling my 18650 batteries, I used 3 different designs and after heavily modifying them in the paint program so they would fit correctly on the narrow 18mm cells:hairpull: I cut one up a hundred times for the template and it was easy from there "except for getting the crystal clear box tape on them:whistle:".

My first 3 I finished are for my Wolf Eyes M90 with the 168 extender, they came out pretty good. Though fit very, very snug:sweat:.

The other two, one for my EDC-P7 "a modified Burgess design, I deleted some words to save space and I changed the made in "country" to U.S.S.R. as a joke:whistle:.

The last one is another EverReady design, though I changed the date from 1950 to 1905. This one goes to my unprotected AW 18650 I keep as a spear for my EDC-P7. You can't see in the picture, but my printer was running out of ink so there are a few very fine lines of blue that matches the cells almost perfectly, to the point of making it look almost original:shrug::thumbsup:.

Note: The first picture was taken during the day and shows true detail:), the last two were at night with a 100 watt bulb around a foot away and it makes them look a lot worse then in reality:thumbsdow. You can't really see the tape at all in real life.

From front, then turned around a bit.

As you can see the lighting really made them look like crap, but they aren't that bad in real life:twothumbs.

Burgess

Flashaholic
Could be some Copyright and Liability issues involved there.

However, if he could make some in Burgess wrappers . . . .

:paypal::sold:

It's been more than 40 years since i've bought a Burgess battery !

_

R@ndom

Enlightened
Could be some Copyright and Liability issues involved there.

However, if he could make some in Burgess wrappers . . . .

:paypal::sold:

It's been more than 40 years since i've bought a Burgess battery !

_

Shh. Nobody needs to know...:naughty: .