*Sigh* I lost my black A2

Bhustan

Newly Enlightened
After turning my house/vehicle/work area upside down, I've decided to call off the search for my missing black A2. I just can't recall where I saw it last--but have checked everywhere around the house (last suspected location) to no avail.

Ever notice how irrational we become when we lose something? Like looking in the same place over and over thinking it will magically appear? Or accusing others like "I swear I left it in your house/car/etc.".

Oh well, I guess I'll have to think about a replacement (even though I have too many lights already). Any suggestions?

Peace,
Mike

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sorry.. I have to ask this...

where'd you lose it? :nana:

I've lost my keys with fauxtons, Fenix E1 before...

turns out they were in the wash.

Last edited:

greenLED

Flashaholic
Man, that SUCKS!!
:candle:

I thought I'd lost my PD-S the other day... worst 30 minutes I've had in quite some time!

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
A missing Black A2 of all things!!!...sorry to hear!!

Considering I have over 100 lights, I have misplaced a few now and again.
I decided to keep them locked up in the safe until I decide to use em.
I know the feeling of loss. I would run around the house/garage, retracing my steps.
I seem to place them in odd places, thinking I will remember to grab it later.
Now I try to only keep a few out at a time.

I will probably end up misplacing a light or 2 now that it hasn't happened in a while and since I replied to this thread....but I freakin hope not!

Hope it turns up!
Seems when I have given up hope it ends up turning up at a strange moment

BIGLOU

Enlightened
I'm sure you will reunite with your A2. It give you a reason to buy another one in the meantime. Saw some on Ebay.

Bhustan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the comments and sympathy. I sure hope it does turn up (probably in the most obvious and silly place), but my hopes are low right now.

The same thing happened to my chrome Fisher bullet pen last September. I searched and searched and finally gave up. (And this was for a $20 pen!) I got a call from my mom in December asking if I lost a silver pen. It was under her living room chair...must have fallen out of my pocket. And yes...I've checked there for my A2. ;)

Peace,
Mike

TKC

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope it turns up!! I am sorry that you can't find it at the moment.

etc

Flashlight Enthusiast
In times like these, I console myself that someone else found out and maybe he needs it more than I do. It's the best you can do.

Move on....

bloke-gear.com

Newly Enlightened
Please accept my condolences.... I hope you find it eventually. Actually just a few days ago, I found an M3T underneath the driver's seat of my car. It disappeared a year ago and I gave up trying to find it because I thought it was stolen when I got my car vacuumed. Words could not describe the joy I felt at the time!

Katdaddy

Enlightened
Whenever I do something like this the item in question usually turns up a couple of months later in a coat pocket or someplace I never remember having it. Hope that's the case for you. A black A2.....the pain!!!!!

mwaldron

Enlightened
Man I feel for you.

Most of the things I've lost find there way back to me (I label almost everything with my Name, Callsign, Email and Phone Number) but it always sucks to loose things.

My L2 was lost for several weeks outdoors before it was found, and I'm still holding out hope to find my Kershaw Spec Bump I lost about 6 months ago.

Alas, my AlTiN Fished bullet space pen was lost in a hotel in another state and that one never found it's way back to me.

Here's to hope! :candle:

powernoodle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its in your car, way down low between the driver's seat and the center console. You've already looked there, but you'll find it if you look under seat from behind.

I want an Opinel #8 as a finder's fee. Walnut, please. :)

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
After turning my house/vehicle/work area upside down, I've decided to call off the search for my missing black A2. I just can't recall where I saw it last--but have checked everywhere around the house (last suspected location) to no avail.

Ever notice how irrational we become when we lose something? Like looking in the same place over and over thinking it will magically appear? Or accusing others like "I swear I left it in your house/car/etc.".

Oh well, I guess I'll have to think about a replacement (even though I have too many lights already). Any suggestions?

Peace,
Mike

Get ather A2 or wait for the LED version.

Everyone needs one of those.

Siskik

Newly Enlightened
I can feel it, man.

I had a 4-sided L1 that my puppy dragged out into the woods behind our house. It was gone for about a year. My son found it one day.

I regularly misplace one every couple of months.
I hope it shows up. It probably will.

John

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had a 4-sided L1 that my puppy dragged out into the woods behind our house. It was gone for about a year. My son found it one day.

Just curious - did it still work?

@ the OP, you know what, one day you will stumble upon it and just imagine how happy you will be... :ironic:

I agree w search - the new A2s look to be mighty nice!

Patriot

Flashaholic
Awe man that stinks!

In my experience I normally end up finding the few lights that I have misplaced. Sometimes it's a week and other times it took a year.

I hope it shows up for ya.

1wrx7

Enlightened
Of all the light's to lose... a black A2:mecry:I would be devestated if I lost mine. I have faith you'll find it though. Just before X-mas I lost my modded E1L edc. A week later I found it at the end of my driveway in the melting snow.

gallonoffuel

Enlightened
Ever notice how irrational we become when we lose something? Like looking in the same place over and over thinking it will magically appear?

I can't tell you how many times I've looked for a lost item in the place I last left it, didn't see it, continued my search, came back to the original spot and found it. Sometimes double and triple checking is worth your while. :)

buickid

Enlightened
I'm sorry for your loss, I've lost many things before, but none so expensive or meaningful. I hope it pops up somewhere!

Please accept my condolences.... I hope you find it eventually. Actually just a few days ago, I found an M3T underneath the driver's seat of my car.*snip*

Suddenly the assorted coins I find under my seat during my monthly car vacuuming aren't so exciting! :broke: :crackup: