Small 123 battery flashlight?

pahl

Enlightened
What are my options when it comes to a flashlight that would run on a single 123 battery. I would like something that could be worn around the my neck or clipped to my pocket.
If it had a tail cap switch I would like it to be able to lock off.

Thanks,

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
Firefly! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Single 123 based lights to choose from:

ArcLS
E1e/KL1
FireFly
McLux
SL-TT-1L

I know I'm probably missing some others...

paulr

Flashaholic
Don't forget the incandescent E1/E1e.

Also, since you're including unobtanium on your list,
you could add the Tekna Splash-lite /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
What do you mean unobtanium... Everybody knows they can swarm, kiss up, or beg Dat2zip for some McLux parts...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

And the Firefly sale's still going, right...?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

hideo

Enlightened
more info please on firefly? CPF and web search fails to turn single 123 firefly up . . . (only found ACR firefly on web)

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

thanks

hideo

Dorcy yellows smooth and FACETED reflector , ARC AAA LEs, 1 turquoise and UV, Mag 3 cell,numerous mini-mags, RayOVac 4AA xenon cheapies, Lenser Photonpumps in red, white and blue flashing, Surefire G2, Streamlight 4AA LED and Elektrolumens 1W Luxeon headlight

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
The FireFly Thread...

From Larry (tvodrd), Firefly will be similar to the ones in the middle (assembled and disassembled...):
site1011.JPG

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Currently, the Firefly (since it doesn't actually exist yet) and the McLux (since you can't buy new ones that are already put together) definitely count as unobtainium.

Back when I was a newbie, I hated when people suggested buying lights that weren't actually available. At the very least, you should include a warning about availability for the newbies who don't know about these lights yet.

Pat

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
treek, some of the lights that people suggested is really unobtainable. However, both the McLux and firefly can be obtained. In other words, you still can get both, even though might not asap.

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Firefly doesn't exist yet; it may eventually exist, hopefully. You can't order McLux parts, yet. Once you can order parts, you still won't have a light unless you have the wherewithall to build your own or can find someone to build one for you. You may find someone selling their McLux but it is no different than finding someone selling any out of production light (such as the Tekna). They are currently unobtainium (or real close to it), if they weren't you could order one. I have to agree with paulr on this one.

Pat

JonSidneyB

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the tvodrd light pictured earlier in this thread. It is great. If the firefly is half this good, it will be a great light. If it is as good or better, OH MY.

The tvodrd light was worth every penny I paid for it. I have 8 ARC-LS's. The ARC-LS is good....but this is better.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
larry made his own kl4...

i don't recall if that is it or not though.

if anyone can find that thread, i would be greatly interested in reading it again ;D

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
actually thomas...i was asking for larry's homemade kl4 thread /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

try again... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
yup...that's it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

thanks! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Sean

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you want something that is available today, get the Arc LSH-P, it runs off of 1 Luxeon Star LED, if you can afford it.

Next up in size is the Surefire E1e. It is an incandescent light that has a tight beam with a lot of throw (range).

The Arc LS beam is wider and more useful for close up work than the stock E1e. You can add a KL1 to the E1e which does away with the bulb and replaces it with a Luxeon Star LED, making it very similar to the Arc LSL (L for low dome emitter, H is for <LSH> High dome emitter).

Another light is the Surefire L1. It is a complete LED light similar to (and longer than) the E1e w/KL1. But the L1 has the ability to operate at 2 brightness levels.

I have some beam shots of the Arc LSH and the Surefire E1 with and without the KL1 on my website.

Hope that helps.

Latest posts