Anybody own a "La Petite Killer" keychain light?

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
This little light appears to be very well built and could be extremely handy on a keychain and I really like it's small size! Anybody have one that would care to comment on it? Thanks!

Incidentalist

Enlightened
Huge fan of this light. I would highly recommend it for keychain duty.

I have two keychains and the La Petite Killer lives with my house and car keys (as well as a few other toys). It performs great for adding a little light walking in my dark garage or finding the keyhole. It replaced my ARC-P, which I had used for years. Not quite as bright and definitely shorter runtime, but much smaller and just plain sweet.

My work keychain has a Fenix LD01 on it as sometimes I need a bit more light.

scout24

Flashaholic
It is like a beautiful piece of jewelry. Keychain carry does not to seem to scratch it up too much, just adds some character. Great for what it was made for, finding keyholes, midnight snack runs, and both parts are interchangeable with the aaa version, which i also recommend. Both are small, and very solidly built.

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys!! I will be ordering one next week! Looks very, very nice to me and something that needs to be on my keychain for sure!!

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the LPK and I love it. I don't carry on my keychain though, my Ti Sapphire handles that role. However, I wear it as a necklace. You have to have reasonable expectations for this light. It's not going to be a pocket scorcher; only a few lumens bright. I lights up pretty well in dark environments, and perfect for what it is designed for.

Here are some photos for eye candy purposes:

Lineup.jpg

Bare_Ti_LPK_on_Neck.jpg

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know how the LPK compares in terms of brightness to the Photon II Microlight?

I find the Photon is great on the keychain but would be interested in the LPK if it were comparable or better.

Thx!,
Tim

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's about the same, or close to it without the fancy Photon Freedom's strobe mode and adjustable brightness setting.

What you get instead is a sexy Titanium flashlight that doesn't even look like a flashlight. Hanging an LKP on your neck looks more like a jewelry ... now men finally know how it feels to have women stare at their chest ... or worst yet, another man staring.

If you're on a budget, the photon freedom is hard to be for keychain light. If you have some spare change laying around, then LPK would make a beautiful light.

turboBB

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome, thx for the reply and for posting the comparo shots!

Cheers,
Tim

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys, the pics are great, can't wait to get mine!!

Peter Atwood

Enlightened
It's awesome on a bead chain and carried around the neck. I have bought several and gifted a couple to lady friends and family and of course kept two for myself. Not the brightest light but bright enough and so charming it is irresistible.