Strangest warranty I've ever seen.

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast
Strangest warranty I\'ve ever seen.

This is the warranty on clips, from www.theclip.com.

[ QUOTE ]
The Clip's warranty:
Due to unknown physical circumstances, we may not warranty items where the belt clip was subject to excessive strain, satanic ritual, improper installation, abuse and/or obvious misuse.

[/ QUOTE ] Source: http://www.theclip.com/policy.htm#7

This one pushed my previous strange warranty, to slot two.

[ QUOTE ]
Pelican's warranty:
The guarantee does not cover shark bite, bear attack and children under five.

[/ QUOTE ]
Source: http://www.pelican.com/about2.html

What strange warranties have you seen?

treek13

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Strangest warranty I\'ve ever seen.

The Pelican warranty is just downright silly.

Everyone knows that a child under 5 can do way more damage than any old shark or bear.

Pat

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

they've got to be kidding right?

shankus

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hope so. But, it is strange to actually put it in writing that way, isn't it?
And it seems that if using a clip in a satanic ritual voids the warranty, taking it into a church would be equally hazardous.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

"dear pelican warranty department,

my saberlight recently got destroyed when my four year old daughter was playing with it in the forest, and happened upon a bear who took if from her and threw it into the ocean.
it was then discovered in the belly of a shark by satan worshippers and returned to me.

please inform me of my options...i would prefer a monetary refund if at all possible.

-jim"

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Ross

Enlightened

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif

gyverpete

Enlightened

I guess the CLIP company had a warranty claim related to such a ritual and since it wasn't expressly excluded before, they had to honor it. In fact, I believe alot of the crazy or obvious warnings that appear in disclaimers are a result of claims being filed, and the manufacturer now includes wording that will explain to the foolish that for instance, "do not use your blowdryer while sleeping", or "do not spray paint in your eyes". Common sense has become an oxymoron.

Here's a warranty I'll paraphrase from a fingernail clipper I bought for $1.49:

"Unconditional Lifetime Warranty. If product fails you may return it for repair or replacement. Send it back to us postage paid, with $3.00 to cover return shipping. We will repair or replace it at our option. Please allow 3-4 weeks".

Now WHO would do THAT? How busy do you think their warranty department is. They probably WILL repair or replace it.... after they finish laughing at the logic that prompted someone to actually take them up on the offer!

Or how about on a 50 cent bag of chips:
"If not completely satisfied, return the unused portion and we'll send you a coupon for a free replacement"!
Great, more of what I didn't like the first time!

MicroE

Enlightened

My favorite warranty is from 3M, the Scotch Tape people. It was on their Very High Bond Tape.

Basically, it is a NON-WARRANTY that says this tape has no warranty whatsoever because they can't predict how you are going to use their tape and what conditionss the tape might see.

It explicitly negates all warranties, even the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for use. (Those are the basic legal warranties that apply to almost every product.)

The only thing missing from the Non-Warranty is the statement "GOOD LUCK --You're going to need it" on the box.

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

The warning "Danger! Do not use near high voltage power lines!" appears on a label on the handle of ...all things... a toliet plunger. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif

Ok, I guess I'm going to have to rip my toliet bowl out of the floor and drag the asinine thing under some high voltage wires so I can plunge it out, and see if my plunger becomes broken beyond warranty coverage because of its proximity to the power lines. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif