Considering a Ra Clicky Executive

zx7dave

Enlightened
Hello all - Considering a Ra Clicky Executive..first off how does everyone like thier unit? Are you happy? Next does it tailstand? Lastly how easy/hard is it to change to the Ti-Bezel. Thanks - Dave

Personally, I'm interested in getting the tactical. My NovaTac has a flush button, and I prefer the feel of raised buttons for most uses. The AlTiN coated bezel looks good too.

zx7dave

Enlightened
I have been interested in both...but the Ra Clicky seems to be a little more popular...I'm a big fan of the tailstand ability...I did like your light when I saw it at the last Seattle Get Together...perhaps one day will own both...

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had mine for about a week. It's a very robust, tailstandable light. I love it except for the size and weight. Not only is it longer, but it's also wider than most 1xcr123a. However, this is the price you pay for having a bombproof light. My daily attire makes it difficult to carry such a large and heavy light. If it wasn't for this reason, I would have kept it.

zx7dave

Enlightened
I had mine for about a week. It's a very robust, tailstandable light. I love it except for the size and weight. Not only is it longer, but it's also wider than most 1xcr123a. However, this is the price you pay for having a bombproof light. My daily attire makes it difficult to carry such a large and heavy light. If it wasn't for this reason, I would have kept it.

Yea..know what you mean about the bulk...got a Milky Gosling for those tasks...thanks for the clarification on the tailstanding..think I may have to drop a order if I don't see one on the market place soon... Thanks..

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
Get one!

You will love it. Bezel swap is as easy as it gets. Tailstanding is good but not perfect. There is just a hint of wobble but it isn't in any danger of falling over.

If you are going for the Ti bezel then do yourself a favor and get the Ti clip on the marketplace as well. The bezel down, deep carry option is awesome.

callmaster

Enlightened
Best decision you'll ever make when it comes to flashlight purchases.

In fact, might be the only light you'll ever need. My Ra tailstands like a champion. Bezel swap is easy as hell.

Nothing to worry about. No idea why people keep saying it's heavy and it's big, etc. I carry 2 of em at all times. No matter where I am.

Last edited:

Southernlight

Enlightened
I've had my EDC Exec for about a month. Mine seems to tail stand ok, I've used it that way a few times. I also have a Nitecore EX10 and the Ra is big compared to the EX10 but the Ra is heftier it feels very robust and as solid as a tank.

The Ra fits in trouser pockets but its quite a lump. It would be fairly unnoticable carrying it in a jacket pocket IMO. Using the Ra in the hand is good, the more substantial size is welcome.

I really like the extra bit of flood on the EDC Exec. It lights a room well and there are no rings that I can detect, IMHO just the right amount of spill for my uses. The EX10 has noticable rings but the light generated is still quite good. The low on the Ra is one of its beauties. It goes real low with no flicker that I can see, and the low is one of the reasons I bought this light.

Last edited:

faco

Enlightened
ok....just ordered + ti bezel...now I wait...

You made the right choice, you can't beat the value and what you get for your money.
It's the light I carry everyday/night :D

I'm so impressed with the Ra EDC Executive, its made me stop purchasing other lights. I really won't need any other light for a while.

Chrontius

Flashlight Enthusiast
If it's anything like my Twisty, and you're moving from 2x123 to a Ra, it's still going to seem small.

Vox Clamatis in Deserto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I loved my Ra Clicky Executive for the few weeks that I had it. The monster clip had to go, I replaced it with a slightly modded Arc 4 clip from Lighthound.

Sadly, my Ra CE went missing a few days ago somewhere in the Middle East. I've ordered a Ra Tactical to replace it.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Ra Clicky Tactical with a flush tailcap. Overall a great light as with Henry's other lights. I do have some of the issues that have already been discussed by others in the various threads.
The bezel is not flush with the body as it is with my Twisty. There are some specks of missing anodizing in some of the knurling grooves that are only visible at certain angles. My tailcap does not sit perfectly flush so it tailstands with a little wobble. These are not unknown issues and they did not prevent me from buying one because after all for me it is a tool and it will get well used. As long as the performance of the light is sound I'm not concerned with the other issues.

TITAN1833

Flashlight Enthusiast
I love my unit it tails stands perfectly and also the bezel is a perfect fit.

GET ONE! you'll love it :D

010-1.jpg

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've had a Ra Clicky 140C, which had issues and has been replaced by an Executive, which is exactly the same.

Since I have the light back, I carry it all the time except in the office. I don't know if it is beautifull or ugly, for me it is beautifull as its lenght and its shape are perfect for my hand, the knurling (or hower you call it...) gives it a good grip. I like the normal steel bezel with the serial on it. The weight is OK for me.

The light is so solid, that it may be the only one I can tighten with all my forces without being afraid to kill the threads. The only weak point could be the rubber over the switch, or the switch itself. If you use it, you'll click quite often! Mine can tailstand, but I flatten the rubber first with my index, it doesn't stand 100% flat, but it stands.

Last but not least the beam is very smooth, I like smooth and floody beams, the tint is very nice (more or less pure white) and the power is enough for me, I rarely use it on high, I set one mode about 70 Lumen probably, one at about 40 and one at about 10 Lumen, keep high on PH for when it's really needed.

If someone asks me to buy one single light for all purposes, I suggest a Ra Clicky! :thumbsup:

oldpal

Enlightened
Hello all - Considering a Ra Clicky Executive..first off how does everyone like thier unit? Are you happy? Next does it tailstand? Lastly how easy/hard is it to change to the Ti-Bezel. Thanks - Dave

I have a Ra EDC Exec and am very pleased with it. It's a great light. It tailstands fine after about three days since inserting the battery. This may sound strange but I believe that the trapped air inside the light is compressed when the battery is inserted and the head of the light screwed down. This causes the rubber membrane over the tail-switch to protrude slightly, which causes the light to wobble a bit when you stand it on its tail. After some time the air apparently leaks out and the light tailstands flat. However, I may be wrong with this theory. Can't help you with the bezel.

Hugh

briteflite

Newly Enlightened
I've had my Ra Clickly140 executive for about a week now, and I really like it. I got it primarily for my outdoor adventures where I need a totally reliable light. So far the beam has just the right mix of throw and fill for my needs around the house and walking the dog. Will be trying it out in the woods next weekend. I'm still getting the hang of the clickly sequences but that's mostly due to my impatience. Keeping track of what double click vs pressclickhold does isn't my strong suit. I have not tried re-programming from the factory settings yet, but that is one of the features that attracted me to the light. Actually, the factory settings are working fine for me so far.

It's a little bigger than my Olight Ti which had been my EDC till the Clicky arrived. And the Surefire E1B which started my adventure into flashaholic-ness is still my backup to both. So, I pocket-carry the Olight Ti at work, the Ra Clicky when not at work, and the E1B is my backup in either case. The Clickly is turning out to be the perfect addition to my collection of single-cell lights.

BRO

Newly Enlightened
Buy one of these lights, I suspect you will like it a lot. Had mine a week and then ordered another one but went with the tactical on the second one. Very nice lights and easy UI and flexible. Good light, I mean good luck.

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
... I'm still getting the hang of the clickly sequences but that's mostly due to my impatience. Keeping track of what double click vs pressclickhold does isn't my strong suit. I have not tried re-programming from the factory settings yet, but that is one of the features that attracted me to the light. Actually, the factory settings are working fine for me so far. ...
For a long time on my 85P I reprogrammed it to simplify the click-sequence because it was not my EDC, but I used it frequently at home and others might use it from time to time.

My simplified programming was to set the forced-setting to "low", and reprogramed HI to equal secondary. With this programming the light is only 3 levels, but dead simple. 'Click-On' double-click 'next-level', double-click again, 'next-level'. With this simplified setup, all you need to remember is click for on/off and double-click for next level. You can program the brightness for the levels anyway you like (low-high or high-low). The other click-press is still available, but not required.

I still leave my 85P like that, but my 120P is now different since I now use it as EDC and I don't want low-low to be my default/forced on setting. The other ones I have for fun I've left at factory for now.