Flexible stalk for SF and other lights....

McGizmo

Flashaholic
One of many, things to make, finally became a reality after I was asked by a fellow (CPFer?) about how he could use a Loc-Line adapter and stalk he bought to connect a KL1 to a 9P body. A permanent connection would be much easier but I had been wanting to look at a "plug and play" connection for some time and this was a good time to look into it, sort of.

flex-ex.jpg

C2.jpg

And unless you look HERE , you won't see a silly combination.

When I originally designed the Loc-Line adapter that fits the "E" size and more significantly, the McLux heads, I was thinking about fixed lighting applications. A slightly more complicated adapter could be designed and made that allowed for an easy ground connection for use where a removable flashlight head was intended. The modification of the existing adapter is not difficult but it is time consuming and requires at a minimum, the removal of the anodizing and better, removal of some of the material itself.

Wayne Y. and I have used these adapters for personal projects and have discussed the merit of making fixed light installations in home or transport where if one wanted, the head could be removed and installed on a power pak for portable use (think flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif )

Should finances, time and interest merge favorably, I would like to see about making some of these in a limited run. I think for cost and function, an "E" to "E" would make the most sense. This would certainly fit into the McLux modular and adaptive scheme. It would work on the SF "E" series which IS available in large numbers....

Dang, if only I had been born into money or inherited a machine shop! I could certainly make a small fortune (provided I started with a large one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif )

Should anyone ask, I don't plan to produce these myself with my equipment because of the time required; they would either be way too expensive or I would be working for peanuts. (The latter is a condition I am trying to move away from.)

- Don

Ross

Enlightened
I would definately be interested of these as well!!
I can think of numerous occasions when it would help me GREATLY to have a nice light on but with my hands free.
Oh well, maybe one day...

Ross

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
very nice don!

i've been considering something very similar, but unfortunately have higher things on my priority list /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
Well now, has to be the cat's meow. Who wants to step up to be the official production McMachinist? Looking at these one-off parts is dreamy, for sure. But MAN!.... I need some of this stuff in my own hot little hands!

B@rt

Flashaholic
And there I was going to offer all kinds of peanuts... salted, unsalted , peeled, etc... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif