Olight M20 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

TA_ls1

Enlightened
I've owned the Olight M20 for a couple months now and have had no problems until recently. When I push the switch, sometimes it just flashes on for half a second, then off. It doesn't stay on. Other times I try it, it stays on, but flashes off if I move/shake it. I've taken it apart and checked the batteries to make sure there is a connection. The batteries, 2 CRA123s, are almost new as well.

I may have dropped it shortly before this started happening, but it would not have been a far drop, nothing that I would think should cause this. Other than that it has never been dropped/abused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

yalskey

Enlightened
My clicky switch went bad only a few days after I got my M20. I sent it back to Fenix-Store for a full refund. I think this is a common problem with this light. I had a thread about it a while back ago, but I'm too lazy to find it for you now. You're welcome. :)

Mikey V

Newly Enlightened
I've owned the Olight M20 for a couple months now and have had no problems until recently. When I push the switch, sometimes it just flashes on for half a second, then off. It doesn't stay on. Other times I try it, it stays on, but flashes off if I move/shake it. I've taken it apart and checked the batteries to make sure there is a connection. The batteries, 2 CRA123s, are almost new as well.

I may have dropped it shortly before this started happening, but it would not have been a far drop, nothing that I would think should cause this. Other than that it has never been dropped/abused. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Check to make sure the switch has not backed out. I changed batteries in mine last night and it would not light up. Shook it and it flickered. Took tailcap off again and discovered that when I had initially unscrewed the tailcap, the switch screwed itself partway out as well. Screwed it back down tight, no more problem.

travelinman

Enlightened
Ditto....my ITP C9 (made by Olight) wasn't giving me any trouble but I discovered the rear clicky switch was quite loose. It only took a minute to get a pair of tweezers and tighten it down again. It took more than a full turn to tighten it.

anthonysmilsurp

Newly Enlightened
my m20 r2 selector bezel has play in it. When I have it set to max brightness if it moves a little bit in one direction it will go to med brihgtness, the other way makes it strobe. I need to get a hold of batteryjunction and see what my options are.

swrdply400mrelay

Enlightened
Is it oiled a lot? If it is, trying cleaning some off. I had the same problem, but it turned out that oil got on the contacts.

Good luck

hiluxxulih

Enlightened
The inside part of the switch probably needs tightened , mine was flickering and Olight said to check that first and it worked for me .

TA_ls1

Enlightened
Ok, I tried tightening the switch, and everything seems to work just fine, so that must've been the problem. With all of your help, it was an easy fix, so thanks a lot. Btw, what caused this in the first place, and you think will it happen again?

jzmtl

Flashlight Enthusiast
It could've backed out during use, put blue locktite (or just tiny amount of superglue) on thread before tighten.

CPFBiology

Enlightened
Just wondering if anyone else had this problem?

Would this problem be absent in the M20S edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.