New flashlight!

wolfeinstein

Newly Enlightened
I want to get a nice flashlight for my home and car and dog walk and camping.

I have about 50-80 bucks

I like the Felix TK-10 it has 225 lumes and good for about 11 hours in the lower settings!

Any other suggestion?

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I'd suggest starting with a good AA powered light first. The Fenix L2D-CE (first version) is currently on sale at Fenix Store/4Sevens and could be a good place to start. 40 lumens is more the enough for most uses, most 2D lights are around 15.

There are also other good AA lights like the Fenix LD20, Olight T25, Jetbeam Jet I, iTP lights, Nitecore D10, Infinity, and D20, and a few more lights I'm forgetting.

:welcome:

Barrie

Enlightened
the TK10 was the first high power led i bought now have a more powerful led mag upgrade
but the TK10 is still my favorite a lot of light in a small package and just a nice size to hold in the hand

NonSenCe

Flashlight Enthusiast
below polar circle.. in country which used to make
i have fenix tk11 and i like it alot.

but if i would be buying something similar now, i would look hard at jetbeam III M, warmer tint colour, adjustable output, pocket clip (that tk dont have).

are you sure you want to spend the money to cr123s (rcr123s).. as tk11 and jet military has option of using the 18650 rechargable battery too.

modern flashlights can give suprisingly good output out of AA batteries too. set of rechargable nimh AAs and 1aa or 2aa flashlight would be my suggestion for normal user. and when in need normal AA batteries are so much easier to find in local stores than cr123s. also cheaper. if you have a supply of cr123s or are ready to buy them in bulk online (cheaper there) then go for it. but in general, rechargable batteries makes more sense in my mind.