E2 vs Scorpion

axolotls

Enlightened
Anyone here have both and would like to offer up some comparisons? They seem virutally identical and would like some thoughts on the pros and cons of each (when compared with one another).

Thanks

A'sholotol

Brock

Flashaholic
The E2 is smaller and they are almost identical in light output. The Scorpion can't be spotted as tight as the E2. So the Scorpion is a bit dimmer but has a larger beam of light, and adjustable beam of light. I don't have my scorpion right now for beam comparisons photos but I do have a physical size comparison between the two in this shot.
http://www.uwgb.edu/nevermab/led/e2-comp.jpg

Brock - http://www.uwgb.edu/nevermab/flash.htm

Bucky

Enlightened
I have both of them and have been comparing them quite a bit since my E2 arrived late last week.

I think that the Scorpion may be a tad brighter than the E2 when focussed at tightly as possible. That being said though, the E2 does certainly have its advantages; so much so that it is my favorite light.

The lamp of the E2 certainly has a better focus and shape to it than the Scorpion and it also appears that the beam of the E2 may be a bit whiter, although it is hard to say because my Scorpion is obviously seen more use which may cause some yellowing of the lamp. The E2 also lasts for 15 minutes more per set of batteries which is a big plus. Obviously, the smaller size of the E2 is a huge advantage too.

Overall, I think the E2 is a better light because it is smaller and more compact and includes a pocket clip, the runtime per set of batteries is 25% greater than the Scorpion, and the beam is a considerably nicer IMO as it is almost perfectly round and markedly more focussed.

Hope this helps,

Bucky

axolotls

Enlightened
Thanks for the great replies.

I was thinking of getting a Scorpion; but might get another
grin.gif
E2, maybe an HA.

Also, I think I'll go with a 10X rechargeable when they come out in May
shocked.gif
grin.gif