E2e pocket clip - not flush with body?

AlphalphaPB

Newly Enlightened
My new E2e's pocket clip does not touch the body of the light, it sits about one millimeter off of it. The clip doesn't seem very strong, and I'm worried about it deforming when it's clipped to my pocket (I'm comparing the clip to those on my knives, and it seems pretty weak). Is this a common thing, or should I have Surefire check it out?
One more question, how do most of you carry the light in your pocket? When I use the clip on slit-style pockets (not jeans-style), the bezel sticks out, and the whole world can see that I'm a crazy flashaholic.
smile.gif
It looks pretty weird to have a flashlight bezel sticking out of your pants, so does everyone just pocket the thing? My HA finish is going to chew up my phone in no time, so I slip the light in my X5's "tactical" holster to protect the contents of my pocket.

Size15's

Flashaholic
Phew!

If you had damaged your o-ring... BTW, the correct o-rings for your SureFires can be obtained by calling SureFire Customer Service.

Al
grin.gif

sodakar

Newly Enlightened
Howdy,

The E-series' clips often come shipped quite loose. This is quite easy to fix, so I wouldn't worry about it. For the Elite series, just screw off the head,[Moderator Edit (by Size15s): "Please carefully remove the o-ring, then..."] pull the clip out, use a pair of pliers to adjust, and pop it back in.

The clip might not come off easily, and if so, use a strong cable-strength ring and pull it out. Do not, under any circumstance, use your pliers, as they will easily scratch the clip and/or the HA finish. Personally, I use a 8" zip tie that's been formed into a circle, and slip that through to the clip and pull...

As for how you carry it... I find that they fit nicely in my jeans, but... yes... slit-style pockets on khakis don't do a very good job of concealing the flashlight... Oh well. Er.. the look will grow on you... that's it...

As for the HA on the E2e, it's considerably more abrasive (and grippy) compared to the non-Elite series, and I, too, am extra careful as to what I put in my pocket, lest it comes back out with 2000 scratches... And... your favorite flashlight pocket (for me, my left) will be torn up like anything... alas...
smile.gif

lightlover

Flashlight Enthusiast
Remember not to bend the E2e clip at the curved part where it is most stressed. Bend the clip carefully at the line where the flat part begins to slant down to meet the body.

Jahn

Size15's

Flashaholic
I've edited the post above because if you try to remove the PocketClip before you remove the o-ring you could damage the o-ring and that's best avoided.

I find the E2e PocketClips superbly secure - more grippy compared to the long PocketClips of the M2, and far better then the Clip on the E2 Bezel.

I've never found the E2e snagged or caught on my trouser pocket. Clipping it to the inside of my trouser pocket is best way I've found for carrying it - simple, secure, subtle, fast to deploy, unobtrusive.

If you can not tweek your PocketClip, please contact SureFire Customer Service, explain what you'd like to achieve and I'm sure they will send you replacements.

Regards,

Al

Darell

Flashaholic
Regardless of if you love it or hate it, the E2 clip is sure easier to modify: Unscrew bezel. Grab huge clip. Bend inward. Reassemble. Shove into pants. Smile so that others think you know something that they don't know.

Maybe that's what Trevor meant?

AlphalphaPB

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the pointers, I took the thing apart and bent the clip, now it's working *MUCH* better. Now my E2e is 100% COOL stuff.

***Edited:

Ah, I saw the O-ring, I pulled it out first
smile.gif
But thanks for letting everyone know of the need to pull it out, wouldn't want anyone to be ripping their O-rings apart. I also find that the modified clip is pretty strong.