Best / Brightest Surefire LED, under 5 Inches ??

jtice

Flashaholic
I am wanting a Very Bright led light to use as a larger EDC. So far my favorite is the Arc LSH. But I want to keep my options open.

I want the light to be under 5 inches long, and not to bulky. And would like it to have some of the options that the Arc LSH has, in perticular... the changable tails. So that I can run different types and size batts. A 123 batt would be nice, so I can rely on its shelf life, and in cold conditions. But I would also like to be able to use AA's in it. Thats one of the main things I like about the Arc. I'd like to be at least as bright as the Arc LSH-P.

What Surefire would you recommend.

P.S. The Surefire's seem to be alittle cheaper than the ARc. But , if I have to buy other tails and all that, I dont want the Surefire to end up costing me more in the longrun, especially sence, when it comes to style and size, I like the Arc alot better.

jtice

Flashaholic
Re: Best / Brightest Surefire LED, under 5.5 Inches ??

One more question,,,,,,

Will Surefire's LED heads screw onto their regular bulb flashlight bodies?

paulr

Flashaholic
Re: Best / Brightest Surefire LED, under 5.5 Inche

I wouldn't say either the Arc or the Surefire KL1 is a Very Bright LED light. They are nice for EDC but if you want Very Bright, you need a 5 watt LED. If you want a bright, small EDC, there's no 1 watt LED that's anywhere near as bright an E2e HOLA. It's just not in the same league. It's not even in the same league as the UKE 2L which is about $25. The LS is a great light because of its construction and technical coolness but it just can't be a brightness champ.

The brightest currently available LED lights are too big for EDC, like the Space Needle II. I think a lot of us are eagerly awaiting the SF KL4 or Arc LS5 so we'll be able to have a pocket sized 5 watt LED light.