When will the Surefire x400 be available?

oldtexan

Newly Enlightened
Hopefully this is the right forum to pose this question. I used the search tool but couldn't find an answer so I'm asking the question.

Latest I've heard on availability is that we will see it in late April, around the 27th IIRC. This info was from a person at Surefire CS with whom I spoke last month. I neglected to write down the rep's name.

Anyone here have any better/different info than this? Anyone have any info on what has been holding up its introduction thus far?

Thanks in advance.

hurricane

Newly Enlightened
I know nothing about the x400. SureFire isn't the brightest light in the drawer when it comes to marketing. They're great at virtually everything, but not how to market themselves. They're infamous for presenting new and upcoming products without delivering. If they are released, they're usually amazing, but the question is IF and WHEN? I've heard that a few products will be released around the end of April, if that doesn't happen, it could be next year, could be in 3 years, perhaps never ... no one knows. To avoid disappointment, consider SureFire products to be 'grandiose concepts' until they appear.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Not quite concept0. :)

If you look again you'll notice that they're "out of stock." Actually they've never been in stock yet.

Word on the street is that they're expected sooner than the other phantomware form Surefire though. One retailer said that we have a good chance of seeing them in May if not sooner.

Kato

Enlightened
I played with one at a law enforcement trade show on Thursday. Unfortunately, I didn't think to ask about availability. :shakehead

oldtexan

Newly Enlightened
??? For me it says:

Availability:Usually ships the next business day.

It does say that, but on the same page, it states "This item is out of stock".

It seems clear to me that the X400 is not currently available, at least according to a whole bunch of online retailers' websites. I'm just trying to find out when in the future it will be available.

Last edited:

s23246g

Newly Enlightened
Good lord. $455 for a weapon light? The weapon I'd be putting it on only cost $600.

concept0

Enlightened
Good lord. $455 for a weapon light? The weapon I'd be putting it on only cost $600.

In my case:

Mossberg 500 = $300

Surefire 623fa + Malkoff M60W MC-E + Solarforce A001 bezel = $30 + UCL lens = $435

Peace of mind = priceless