Surefire C2 + L5 LumaMax [KL5A]

hurricane

Newly Enlightened
Hey Everyone ... so I'm thinking about a Surefire C2 Centurion with an M60 drop-in. This would be my first foray into the world of drop-ins, what do people think? Is this the way to go for this light? Any buying or technical advice out there?

Also, I'm digging the Surefire L5 LumaMax [KL5A], what are people's thoughts on this light as well?

SimpleIsGood229

Newly Enlightened
The Malkoff M60 is amazing. I would definitely go that route. The beam is slightly ringy, but you only notice it while white wall hunting. The throw is excellent, and the spill is very useful--bright and fairly broad. The build quality is top-notch, and Gene's customer service is excellent. I say get one, and don't look back.

If you're not going to be using the light in conjunction with a handgun, I suggest going with the good, ol' 6P (unless it's the level III anodizing you're after).

If you like a warmer tint, go for the M60W.

AMRaider

Enlightened
Hey Everyone ... so I'm thinking about a Surefire C2 Centurion with an M60 drop-in. This would be my first foray into the world of drop-ins, what do people think? Is this the way to go for this light? Any buying or technical advice out there?...

Awesome combo :twothumbs. I sometimes walk with a C2 + M60 at night. Very bright, excellent throw, and built like a tank. Unless you are really into black colored lights, I recommend the C2 with the Type III anodizing as it wears much better than Type II.

leon2245

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Everyone ... so I'm thinking about a Surefire C2 Centurion with an M60 drop-in. This would be my first foray into the world of drop-ins, what do people think? Is this the way to go for this light? Any buying or technical advice out there?

Also, I'm digging the Surefire L5 LumaMax [KL5A], what are people's thoughts on this light as well?

The L5 is nice. Perfect beam, and bright enough, but if I had it to do over again I would have just gotten something like that drop-in for my 6P instead. Especially a C2, that's the route I'd go.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
M30 with an 18650 and a bored C2 body would be my personal preference... over a 2 cell-M60 setup. Overall brightness and beam are very close, but you'll get a lot more run time, and cell reloads in the field are easier with a 1x18650 setup.

hurricane

Newly Enlightened
OK ... thanks for the advice everyone. Done, I'm getting a C2. Seems like it would be a versatile light and as you all suggest, I could go any number of directions - down the road. I'll take another look at the L5 later.