JetBeam Jet-III M R2 Question : will runtimes and regulation be different ?

Valmet62

Newly Enlightened
Was cruising some retailers and seems JetBeam will be
releasing a R2 version of the JetBeam Jet-III M. Does anyone know if the regulation, runtime or out put be significantly different than the Q5 version ?

Valmet62

JETBeamR2.jpg

matrixshaman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The difference between your average Q5 and average R2 will not be enough to notice much if any difference in brightness and very little if any in runtime. Individual LED differences within a bin code and differences in driver circuits are likely to have as much effect on the brightness and runtime. I could only guess if Jetbeam has made any changes in the circuit.

dmo

Newly Enlightened
I've bought this Jet III M R2 2 days ago.

I believe runtimes and regulation probably the same as Q5.... i can tell there's only little diff in color temp.

Unfortunately.. i threw the light into a sink of water for 2 minutes, ...... I found WATER RUN INSIDE THE LIGHT!! the light flashing ABNORMALLY even i turned it off! .... until i dried out the water in the light and batteries, and it get back to work.

I wonder if this light is water proof as its claimed or not....:(

Last edited:

dmo

Newly Enlightened
Did you lube the threads and O-rings before you started to use the new light?

O thanks for reminding me :).... i thought there were enough silicon lube on the threads and O-rings on the new light...mmmm.... let me try to lube it tonight...

thank u very much!