Looking for user feedback on Insight M6x

oldtexan

Newly Enlightened
All, I'm considering installing the Insight M6x Rail Grabber light/laser combination on my wife's home defense/car defense gun, a Glock 19. She currently has a Surefire X200B, Surefire DG-11 remote switch, and Crimson Trace Lasergrips (LG-619) on the gun. This combo is intuitive for her to operate, but the problem is that the "hump" of the Lasergrips makes the grip too big for her.

I am seeking feedback from folks with first-hand info on the M6x. Specifically, I'm looking for info on user friendliness, durability, whether the thing stays zeroed well, ease of adjustment, etc. If we go with it, we'll also use Insight's contoured remote switch designed to fit on Glocks, so feedback on that would be useful as well.

Moderator, should this thread be moved to another forum because an M6x uses an incandescent bulb rather than an LED? Where should we post new threads about weaponlights?

Last edited:

AKDoug

Newly Enlightened
Haven't ever used one but if you go here you can enter to win one! Who needs user feed back when it is free? I think you have to enter by tomorrow and the drawing is Monday, better hurry!

Patriot

Flashaholic
It's a great incan light. I've never had any issues with it including switch or zero problems. It has spent most of its live on a Benelli Super90 and a Glock 20. It has maybe seen a 1000 rounds or so on the conservative side. The best thing about them now is that they're half the price they used to be due to everything going LED.

InsurancePictures018.jpg

oldtexan

Newly Enlightened
It's a great incan light. I've never had any issues with it including switch or zero problems. It has spent most of its live on a Benelli Super90 and a Glock 20. It has maybe seen a 1000 rounds or so on the conservative side. The best thing about them now is that they're half the price they used to be due to everything going LED.

InsurancePictures018.jpg

Patriot, thanks for the info. A thousand rds thru your Benelli and/or G20C without a bulb failure would indicate to me that the bulb is pretty well isolated from the shock of recoil. I'm also interested to see that you have the standard Slide Lock type of attachment versus the allegedly more secure Rail Grabber option. Perhaps the Rail Grabber is simply unnecessary.

Patriot

Flashaholic
Yes, mine has the standard lock and it's never loosened or come off unintentionally. I can't believe this light still has the original bulb in it. I carry a spare inside the case but haven't had the chance to use it yet. Perhaps I'll just replace it now and put the other one away for a spare.

Latest posts