small, water proof & <$25

YAK-28

Enlightened
howdy folk's

looking for suggestions and experiences for a small 24/7 edc, probably as a neck lanyard. <$25, waterproof or water resistant enough to survive swimming and hot tub for a week on a cruise. easy enough for the mother in law to use and keep with her. i was thinking fenix eo1, but i'm not sure if it would hold up to the water abuse. i don't know if extra grease or an o ring would help.

every one will have other small lights along with them. i'm just looking for something they can keep with them and "almost" forget they're carrying, but will let them see that step or find what they dropped.

thank's for any help.

carrot

Flashaholic
I am under the impression that the E01 is fairly water resistant. Put em on a ball-chain and it's perfect for neck carry.

aussiebob

Enlightened
The Fenix E0 says its waterproof to 100ft.

The E01, says its waterproof to IPX-8 standards. Mine has been swimming, bathed, through the washing machine ect, no water entry at all. Very water tight imho.

carrot

Flashaholic
Also have you considered the Photon I squeeze lights? Over on the company forum they suggest packing silicone grease (like Nyogel) into the light in the battery compartment for full water resistance. Also the 24k gold contacts will resist corrosion well.

R@ndom

Enlightened
Good choice:thumbup: but any light/anything else can become waterproof if you wrap it in a latex based contraceptive... :devil: you will get a few weird looks though...

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Fenix E0 on a surefire neck lanyard is my fave. Its smaller and lighter than the E01, so IMHO it lends itself better to neck carry. Its very waterproof by itself without prophylactic.

YAK-28

Enlightened
this was the easy part, now to get the "correct" color for my wife, her sister and their mother...

Latest posts