Bear Grylls's choice of flashlight:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Outdoors Fanatic

Flashlight Enthusiast
We all know that in his show he's got a knife, a fire starter and a canteen but no flashlight or source of light at all... What if he needed to choose a flashlight, which light should he choose? :confused:

I'd say a SureFire E1L would be his choice, do you agree?

DocD

Enlightened
yep the guy is a ex-army and stuff,but he sleeps in a hotel ever night so he doesn't need a flashlight :naughty:

Gunner12

Flashaholic
I think what ever light he picks with be from the company that offers him the most money for using their light in the show.

Survivorman on the other hand, he would do his research and get what ever light will work best for his situation.

I think what ever light he picks with be from the company that offers him the most money for using their light in the show.

Survivorman on the other hand, he would do his research and get what ever light will work best for his situation.

+1 for Survivorman.

Marduke

Flashaholic
Fraud? The bloke is former SAS and a world-class climber, the show might have staged parts (welcome to the world of entertainment) however, the lessons and advices given by him in the show are all excellent.

:laughing::crackup:

His show is ridiculous. His "lessons and advices" given are to run top speed down the most difficult path, eat whatever living thing you come across raw, and free climb off the cliff at the end of said path.

Staged "parts"? The ENTIRE show is staged. Every animal, every "obstacle", the exact path chosen are planned weeks ahead of time.

This show teaches you nothing by how to guarantee your own death in a survival situation if you follow his "advice".

sygyzy

Enlightened
I really don't understand the negativity towards Bear Grylls. Wow, it was discovered he stays in a hotel between shoots. What's the big deal. Guess what? Survivorman has a team carrying satellite phones tracking him.

The lessons he gives are sound, regardless of how he got to that circumstance or where he slept the night before. Once I read someone criticism him saying "In a real situation, I would never JUMP into an ice cold lake!" Obviously you wouldn't. He's saying, what if you somehow fell in - this is what you do.

DM51

Flashaholic
This thread is not about whether Bear Grylls is a survival expert or a phoney. It is about which light you think he (or someone doing the sort of things he is portrayed doing) might choose.

In other words, please stay on topic.

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I agree, it would be small and tough without too much brightness because of the need for long long runtime.

Now would it be a twisty or clicky? :D I'd be after a warm tint twisty with a hint more throw than flood, maybe 2 levels of output.

socom1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm guessing HDS or Novatac. I don't have a Novatac, but my HDS EDC U60GT(Milky-ized:D) is the one light I would choose. I'm guessing Bear would, too.

BTW: +1 for Man vs. Wild. And +1 for what Search said.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.