• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired MAC P7 BARE ALUMINUM CUSTOM / SOLD

For sale is a Mac-made P7 1 x 18650 maglite with custom body, custom tailcap and D2Flex driver.

3415464275_0d45bd1fba.jpg

3415456987_bd226797d7.jpg

3416273084_b643236d20.jpg

Light is bare aluminum. Battery sleeve keeps the 18650 from rattling around. Very bright. Multiple levels of brightness going from dim to very bright. You can either have the light come on at a set brightness, or have the light ramp up from dim to bright.

Light is virtually new, having arrived two weeks ago. Has the usual meticulous work typical of Mac's lights.

SOLD

$380 $350.00 $325.00 NOW $300 NOW $275.00 delivered Priority mail. No paypal fees. Paypal address is wmlafferty (AT) comcast (DOT) net. First unconditional I'll take it posted here gets the light.

Last edited:

Fuhgetaboudit

Enlightened
Re: MAC P7 CUSTOM BODY

Bill,

That is Gorgeous!! Man that is a sweet looker. How bright would you say this one goes?

Re: MAC P7 CUSTOM BODY

Bill,

That is Gorgeous!! Man that is a sweet looker. How bright would you say this one goes?

Hi Bruce,

Mac didnt say how bright this one is, but my best guess is about 900 lumens.

A number of custom makers are making this configuration, and with good reason. It is almost a perfect balance between size and brightness/usefulness. The P7 works especially well in this configuration. I have three of these lights and I just need to reduce numbers a bit.

Last edited:

Bullet Bob

Enlightened
Re: MAC P7 CUSTOM BODY price drop

I have personally seen this light and the machine work by MAC is something to behold. absolute perfection. This light has WOW factor even before you turn it on. If I remember correctly theres a glow ring around the emmiter. Great deal to whoever gets it.

Last edited:

supasizefries

Enlightened
Re: MAC P7 BARE ALUMINUM CUSTOM / FINAL PRICE REDUCTION

Wow good snag. That's a beautiful light. :thumbsup:

hokoman

Newly Enlightened
Bumping this old thread to sell the light I acquired. I paid to have the LED swapped from Mac, the original was damaged before I received it (one die was out, and Mac said the reflector was upgraded and LED was damaged after he sent it out). I would like the same $275 for the light shipped even though I spent more to have the light repaired. Thanks.

[email protected]:thumbsup:

5.0Trunk

Enlightened
Wow, what a beautiful light. If I hadn't just bought a 1D P7 Mag, I would be on this like a hobo on a ham sandwich :) . Anyway, if I was you, I would start a new thread because this thread indicates it is sold. Good luck with the sale.

Bumping this old thread to sell the light I acquired. I paid to have the LED swapped from Mac, the original was damaged before I received it (one die was out, and Mac said the reflector was upgraded and LED was damaged after he sent it out). I would like the same $275 for the light shipped even though I spent more to have the light repaired. Thanks.

[email protected]:thumbsup:

Just to clarify the situation Hokoman. The light that you received from me was exactly the same light I received from Mac. No reflectors were changed and if the led was damaged, my guess is that it just failed. It is, after all, just an electronic part. My guess is that one die just stopped working. Had you communicated more fully with me, I would have assisted you in getting the light fixed without charge.

Nonetheless, I think people should stand behind the lights they sell, and if you will forward to me the bill for fixing the light, I will reimburse you for the cost. Please include your paypal address.

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just to clarify the situation Hokoman. The light that you received from me was exactly the same light I received from Mac. No reflectors were changed and if the led was damaged, my guess is that it just failed. It is, after all, just an electronic part. My guess is that one die just stopped working. Had you communicated more fully with me, I would have assisted you in getting the light fixed without charge.

Nonetheless, I think people should stand behind the lights they sell, and if you will forward to me the bill for fixing the light, I will reimburse you for the cost. Please include your paypal address.

Bill I stand behind my work 110% For the few lights I have had fail all have been fixed free of charge. When I shipped this light to you I believe it had the stock sputtered plastic reflector. When it was returned to me it had a finned aluminum orange peel reflector (first one I have seen) and the LED dome was torn which is why I charged for the repair.

I don't know how it happened or *where* it happened but just felt I should clarify this. I cannot warranty a custom light that has been modified and shows physical damage.

Mac

Last edited:
Bill I stand behind my work 110% For the few lights I have had fail all have been fixed free of charge. When I shipped this light to you I believe it had the stock sputtered plastic reflector. When it was returned to me it had a finned aluminum orange peel reflector (first one I have seen) and the LED dome was torn which is why I charged for the repair.

I don't know how it happened or *where* it happened but just felt I should clarify this. I cannot warranty a custom light that has been modified and shows physical damage.

Mac

Mac,

I know that you stand behind your work. I did not mean to imply otherwise. I was really talking about myself when I said that one should stand behind what one sells. As I recall it Hokoman wrote me that one of the dies was not working and that he would get in touch with you. I should have got involved at that point since he had received from me a defective light. I had just received the light from you when I sold it and should have given it a more thorough examination than I did before I sold it. In my mind, since the light was brand new, I didnt really believe that there could be anything wrong with it.

The fault here is mine, for not being familiar with what I was selling and for not following up when the buyer told me something was wrong.