favorite guns/gear related forum or message board?

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Yes, favorite guns/gear related forum. Why not? We have watches, so why not guns and gear. Forum does not seem to be appropriate place for this topic. Bill

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
Correction: Cafe does not seem to be appripriate place for this topic. Sorry. Am a little tired. Bill

Billmanweh

Newly Enlightened
I just realized that we may not be on the same wavelength here. I was asking if anyone could suggest good forums or message boards for gun and gear, not suggesting that we have a new forum here for guns and gear.

I guess the title DIDN'T say it all! LOL

tkl

Flashlight Enthusiast
glock talk is the largest and seems to have the best advice compared to the others.

the high road, take it with a grain of salt. doesn't seem quite as good when it was the firing line, not that tfl was all that great. it does have an excellent shotgun section, dave mccracken is quite knowledgable about scatterguns.

usual suspect network, don't bother.

bigcozy

Enlightened
ar15.com
sigsauerforum.com
1911forum.com
fnfal.com
cruffler.com
HKweaponsystems.com

Glocktalk is huge, but it has gotten to the point where it seems everyone just wants to post insults. I don't even read the posts, just check the for sale section. I have been at most of the sites since they came online. AR15.com has cleaned their act up some, shutting down and then relaunching to cut out all the BS. thehighroad.org is still pretty sane, not as good as TFL was. The problem is there are a core group of people that post a hundred times a day and they love to hijack posts and ***** at each other. Smaller sites like HK91.com and others are very focused and there isn't as much BS. FNFAL.com has been having sever problems. Lots of places to look, just a lot of BS to wade through for real solid info.

Josh

Flashlight Enthusiast
AK-47.net has become a source of info for my new toy. Usualsuspect.net is also a favorite for everything else and perfectunion.com for it's mini-14 talk.

mrorange

Newly Enlightened
Everyone's forgetting one of the old standby's... www.subguns.com

Just click on "message boards"

Tom Bowers site has been around for a lllooooonnnngggg time, and has different boards for different aspects of the firearms community... He also sells a really nice line of suppressors.