River Rock 2C modded with D-bin Seoul P7

kz1000s1

Enlightened
Since I saw this light in the store I thought it would be a good host being inexpensive and having much better build quality than most cheap DX type lights. My River Rock 2C modded is with a D-bin Seoul P7 and powered by one 18650 Li-Ion battery. The original reflector is modified to fit the P7 LED which is mounted on an aluminum heatsink with Arctic Alumina epoxy and run by direct drive. The 18650 battery fits in an adapter sleeve. The sleeve is a light press fit in the tube and will not fall out, but it's easily removable. The original spring has an extension to reach the 18650 cell.

Light output in a ceiling bounce test is slightly less than a Mag 2C with a direct drive P7, DX reflector and UCL lens. There is probably some loss in output due to the heavy reflector texture and plastic lens. The beam quality is very smooth with no clearly defined hotspot. It's brighter in the middle and fades slightly to the edge somewhat like a Surefire L4, but much brighter. An intense close up beam, but not much throw, again, similar to an L4.
There is no X or doughnut even at one inch from a wall. After several minutes of running it gets warm, but not too hot at the base of the head.

DSCN0237.jpg

DSC_5535_f.jpg

DSC_5542_f.jpg