Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Jetbeam MIII

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

monkey1368

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forums and was wondering what you're opinions of the Olight M20, NiteCore Dark Torte E1.0, or Jetbeam MIII for law enforcement use? :confused:

Also, who has the best deal (quality & price) on batteries and chargers. I'll probably run an 18650, but I have a feeling I'll be buying more lights (maybe some small 123's). Yes, this could turn into a hobby and get a bit expensive. :broke:

Thanks

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, monkey1368.

This is the right forum for asking about the 3 lights you mention, and you'll find advice here on the advantages of each.

We have a separate Batteries sub-forum, so you should visit there to get advice on batteries and chargers.

Viper715

Enlightened
Hello and welcome. I only have experience with the Olight and I like it very much. It has great throw and I love the different levels. I currently have it mounted on my rifle. I have considered buying a second one for my duty light but I have also considered the Darktort. The Olight takes both 123 and 18650 but only runs in regulation with the 123 cells but has a good runtime with diminishing brightness with the 18650's. I also have several Nitecore products and they are very quality lights so I wouldn't hesitate on either the Olight or the Nitecore but Jetbeams also look like there a quality product. I do like that the Darktort can easily have the LED and drvier changed out. Nitecore can custom make it to your specific task. Good luck with your choice I'm sure you will like whatever you get and if you do not there is always the marketplace where you can sell it and try something else.
:candle:
Good Luck,
Vipe

knivesandguns

Newly Enlightened
Based on reviews of both that I have read multiple times in the review forum, I would get the M20. But hey....... I'm a newb when it comes to lights... (just got here) so what do I know?

I'm planning on getting an M20 myself.

1996alnl

Enlightened
I have to agree on the M20,great torch and the tint is perfect for outdoors.
Can throw a beam a hell of a distance too.

mmajunkie

Newly Enlightened
I have all 3 and this is how I rank them.

1. DarkTort by a Mile

2. Jetbeam

3. Olight M20

Mikellen

Enlightened
I only have the Olight M20 R2, but I highly recommend it!!
I typically just use the medium mode but its nice to know that an extremely high light level and extremely low level are available if needed.

Viper715

Enlightened
mmajunkie could you elaborate for all of us the reasons that you rate them that way. Pros cons and such. All I have is the Olight and am happy but if the DarkTort is so much better my wallet may open up. Please convince me and I'm sure the others would like to know also.

knivesandguns

Newly Enlightened
mmajunkie could you elaborate for all of us the reasons that you rate them that way. Pros cons and such. All I have is the Olight and am happy but if the DarkTort is so much better my wallet may open up. Please convince me and I'm sure the others would like to know also.

+1 I would like to know as well, thanks.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys,

I'm new to the forums and was wondering what you're opinions of the Olight M20, NiteCore Dark Torte E1.0, or Jetbeam MIII for law enforcement use? :confused:

Also, who has the best deal (quality & price) on batteries and chargers. I'll probably run an 18650, but I have a feeling I'll be buying more lights (maybe some small 123's). Yes, this could turn into a hobby and get a bit expensive. :broke:

Thanks

Have you dismissed the Fenix Tk11 or Tk10. Inova makes great duty lights also.

gmf2010

Newly Enlightened
Agreed, I'd definitely throw the Fenix TK11 R2 into the mix, if you are looking to run an 18650. Even take a look at the EagleTac T10L.

Toaster

Enlightened
It's not in your list but you may want to hold off a few days to check out the Fenix TA30. More info on it here.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
I have also been kicking around the idea of a Darktort in my arsenal. I'm currently using the EagleTac T10LC2 w/ 18650 battery and love it! It might be another light to throw into the mix.

Policetacteam

Enlightened
Sarge,

You sound less than impressed with Darktort. Ok..I still get a laugh whenever I have to type or say "Darktort". It reminds me of my boy's Mr. Potato Head "Darth Tader" :crackup:

Policetacteam

Enlightened
41%2Bwowf371L._SL500_AA280_.jpg

or

DarkTort4.jpg

YOU BE THE JUDGE!!!! :laughing:

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
crackup.gif
The potato is more dependable IMO. I keep calling it the Dorktart for some reason.

I gave them 4 tries to get a fully working product out to me. To their credit they really did try to help but I had no luck and gave up bugging them.

Fun to mess with but would I trust it out there on the job, no.

Last edited:

Policetacteam

Enlightened
That stinks! I really like how the light looked but if its not a functional product than probably not worth the time. Function before fashion! I'm curious what others have thought. Not trying to hijack this thread but we are on the subject!

1996alnl

Enlightened
crackup.gif
The potato is more dependable IMO. I keep calling it the Dorktart for some reason.

I gave them 4 tries to get a fully working product out to me. To their credit they really did try to help but I had no luck and gave up bugging them.

Fun to mess with but would I trust it out there on the job, no.

4 tries? whoa..

What was wrong with them?

Mjolnir

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definitely consider the TK11 R2 (although their have been some shortages of R2 LEDs, so it might be hard to get one), as well as the Eagletac T10LC2 and T10L. The T10L has full regulation on 18650's but can't use CR123's, while the T10LC2 can use both, but has diminishing output (no regulation) on 18650's.
Chargers are pretty cheap. For batteries, I use trustfire 18650's, and they have worked fine, so I haven't felt a need to spend more on the AW cells (which have less output). Stay away from the ultrafire cells, as those have been known to have issues.

Latest posts