Question about Surefire clickie tailcaps (Z57, Z59, Z61 etc)

Niconical

Enlightened
I have (so far....) clickie tailcaps on a E2L, E1L, 2xE1B (one with a Z68) and now a new Z59 for a 6P (With Malkoff M60W, which for the record is amazing :)).

I've noticed that they all have something in common.

On 'other brands' I have noticed that any lock out clickie tailcap needs to be completely tightened in order to make contact. In fact, on some anything less than fully tight and it's locked out.

With the Surefire clickies though this isn't the case. With the E series tails, starting from fully tightened they can be loosened nearly a 1/4 turn before losing connection, and on my new 6P with Z59 it's nearer to a 1/2 turn before the light won't turn on.

So, my question is this.

Is it best for the tailcap, spring, or whatever, to.....

A) Tighten it as far as it will go when in use.
B) Tighten it only enough to make connection.
C) It doesn't matter / fully tight won't damage the tailcap.

Thank you :)

Dead_Nuts

Enlightened
Any Surefire tailcap experts out there.....? :wave:
I'm not claiming to be an expert at anything, but . . .

In my experience with weapon mounted lights, I have always screwed the tailcap in completely. I don't want recoil to move the batteries just enough to lose contact and make the light flash.

Niconical

Enlightened
That's a good point about the mounted flashlights.
With them in mind, I would assume Surefire intend the tailcaps to be tightened as far down as they can go.

Niconical

Enlightened
Any other thoughts?

Does tightening as far as it will go get a :thumbsup: ?

Nocam

Newly Enlightened
I'd go C. I assume the Surefire designers took the fact that the ordinary person would screw it all the way down and not think about it into consideration. I think