EagleTac M2/M2X "Megalight" which one did you pre-order?

Which Eagle Tac M2 OR M2X

• Eagle Tac M2

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Eagle Tac M2X (cool white)

Votes: 39 20.2%
  • Eagle Tac M2X (neutral white)

Votes: 42 21.8%
  • Can't decide

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • I'm going to wait for more reviews

Votes: 77 39.9%

• Total voters

bc5000

Newly Enlightened
I know I want the M2X, just not sure if I want the cool or neutral tint.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
M2X Cool White. I went the whole nine yards for a thrower in this series.

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want the P7 with it's floodier beam and wider spill. I almost never go pre-order, but something snapped and I pushed the button!

Sgt. LED

Flashaholic
I want a Q3 5A tri cree but I feel like this is one of those multiple choice tests where choice "C" reads as not enough info. I have chosen "C" for now.

I want warm unit specific info like drive levels, output #'s, 1 meter throw Lux VS the tri R2, and yes - beamshots. :ironic:

Policetacteam

Enlightened
I'm leaning towards the neutral white but I'm not 100% sure yet! Can anyone tell me how a neutral white would compare to the EagleTac T10LC2's white light. I would almost categorize my T10LC2 as a coolish almost blueish tint.

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
I did the M2 but after seeing the beamshots, I am having second thoughts and remorse...

I wish someone could just compare these two and let us know which is king!

...I know I know... it all depends on how you are going to use it... :nana:

richardcpf

Flashlight Enthusiast
M2X cool white!

If this thing can perform like the solarforce T700, then this will be new almost perfect light.

crizyal

Enlightened
I'm really looking forward to getting the M2X warm tint. I just received an e-mail from the EagleTac store stating that my order has been updated to M2 pre-order status... :shrug: I know that I ordered the M2X. Anybody else get this message?

ivanchek

Newly Enlightened
I'm really looking forward to getting the M2X warm tint. I just received an e-mail from the EagleTac store stating that my order has been updated to M2 pre-order status... :shrug: I know that I ordered the M2X. Anybody else get this message?

i got the same message. i sent them a reply saying that i ordered the M2X, but i think that they state 'M2' because these lights belong to the Eagletac M2 lineup. correct me if im wrong.

Wattnot

Enlightened
Hang in there guys.

I have it on some good authority that a comprehensive review is forthcoming that should answer virtually ALL of your questions (especially the massive "which one" question).

;)

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hang in there guys.

I have it on some good authority that a comprehensive review is forthcoming that should answer virtually ALL of your questions (especially the massive "which one" question).

;)

Oh! I can't wait! Any idea on when?
lovecpf

VF1Jskull1

Enlightened
this will be the first +$120 light i'll be getting... and like you guys i can't decide on which one to get. No, i won't buy both. It's like 51/49 for the M2X/M2... i may go M2X just because i have a Wolfeyes M90-13V (incandescent) light that does flood like crazy. This will be my throwiest LED. I bought a MX power 3xCree from dealextreme for my brother and it throws quite far too. this is definitely killing me.

Last edited:

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
For those in the know: WHY DID YOU BUY WHAT YOU BOUGHT?

I am a lumenophile and figured that 900>800 so I went with the P7--but this was perhaps foolish judging by the beamshots so far...

Help me understand your thinking...

:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

faco

Enlightened
I have no idea why I pre-ordered another light as I definitely don't have any use for it except to see what an LED beam over 200lm looks like :D

I hope I made the right choice with the Eagle Tac M2X (Neutral White), when I read the words "cool white" It makes me feel like I will see a blue tint :confused: