Tiablo button replacement?

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
I purchased a Tiablo A9 for a friend of mine that is a state trooper. Apparently, due to the number of items he must carry on his belt, something happens to rub against the bottom of his light when he gets out of his car. Because of this, he's lost the button out of the switch. How might we go about replacing these buttons (can't be GITD) and maybe getting a couple as "spares"?

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Send me your address and I'll send a couple out to you. :)

I assume he's using the tactical tailcap (forward clicky with protruding boot). If so, you can take the guts out of it and put them in the regular tailcap (which is a tail-standing design). You'll then have a forward clicky and the button will be recessed, lessening its chance of being detached again. Of course he'll have to see if this configuration is easy to actuate for him... some people can't get the tip of their thumb onto the boot too easily, something you wouldn't want in a tactical situation. Works fine for me though, so he'll just have to check.

Here's an excerpt from an instruction sheet I wrote for the Tiablo tailcaps:

Tiablo A9 tailcap switch boot swap

To change out the tailcap boot, use a pair of sharp-pointed tweezers or small needle-nose pliers to remove the switch assembly retaining ring inside the tailcap. The retaining ring has two small holes in it, insert the tweezers/pliers into these holes and unscrew the ring counterclockwise. There may be two of these thin rings to remove, depending on the style of tailcap. After the ring/s are removed, you'll see two slots in the switch module. Use the tweezers/pliers in these slots to remove the switch assembly in the same fashion as the retaining rings. You'll then be able to remove and replace the switch boot. Reinstall everything and you should be good to go.

Last edited:

BirdofPrey

Enlightened
I'll PM you in regards to address but...

He and I both have the two mode switch and it is not recessed. I've seen pictures of the Tiablo with the recessed switch but both of ours have the open switch button.

lightforce2

Enlightened
I'll PM you in regards to address but...

He and I both have the two mode switch and it is not recessed. I've seen pictures of the Tiablo with the recessed switch but both of ours have the open switch button.
Thats the A8 tail cap, I have one & it fits on the A9's