LF5XT replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

mighty82

Enlightened
Last year I bought a LF5XT from Khoo teck Kiat here on the marketplace when they came out. When I received mine it had some horrible noises and flickering, and 07.08.08 he sent me an offer to replace the head. And he told me to send it back to him in malaysia.

When I went to the post office they told me the price was 300kr (about $45) to send it as registered mail if the package was more than 2cm thick. The head itself is 2cm, so there is no way to get below that. Sick prices, i know. That's norway for you. I can't pay the price I paid for the light over again to get it fixed. :duh2:

I told him over mail what it would cost to send it back, but I guess there was nothing he could do about it, and he didn't seem to believe me when I told him what it cost anyway, he just told me it cost $4 from germany, so it couldn't be that much from norway. :confused:

Now it has ben sitting in a drawer ever since and it's kind of sad, so I though maybe I could send it from sweden the next time I am going over there. But do you still think I can ask to send it back for a replacement? And is he still selling stuff here? :thinking:

mighty82

Enlightened
Yeah I know, read it again! The thing i'm wondering is: Do I still have a right to get a replacement now, almost a year after I had to pass up on the opportunity to send it back for a replacement? And does anybody know if this guy is still here? Maybe I should contact Liteflux directly, if that's possible?

ackbar

Enlightened
You always have the option to send it back to lightflux directly. Registered/traced airmail is freakin' expensive here in Canada as well. At least it is if you are shipping something out of North America.

Did you get a quote for parcel post? that should be dirt cheap. I've shipped a few things that way and haven't had a problem... yet..

*KNOCK ON WOOD*

PhantomPhoton

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, he still is active. Here is his thread over in the Marketplace for the LF5XT.
From what I hear from relatives there are some things which are just bafflingly expensive in Norway. :ironic: Anyway, just pester Khoo over in the Marketplace and maybe he can give you a better solution.

ruriimasu

Enlightened
sorry to hear that. but i supposed even if he was willing to send you a head replacement, he would eventually need you to send the faulty one back to him as that is cost price to him. yup.. you need to find a cheaper alternative to send it to him, maybe you can send to him from another country while outside norway? :thinking:

DM51

Flashaholic
PhantomPhoton has given you a link, so please take this matter direct to LED Cool. The fact that you have left it a year before doing anything about it may not help your case, but you can ask. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.