Favorite DILL Pickle? (I had to ask!)

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Well this is certainly not a thread I thought I'd ever start on CPF, but lately I've had this craving for the perfect DILL (Kosher/Polish/etc. included) pickle! I'm pretty sure I'm NOT pregnant and suffering those type of weird cravings! :ohgeez:

Realizing food tastes different to different people, I understand the same pickle may not taste the same to you and I. However, it's just something I'd like to try and find.

Additionally, pickles than can only be found "regionally" are going to present a problem for me to obtain them, eh?

Opinions?

bobisculous

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember when I used to beg for a GIANT pickle from the grocery store each time we went. They always had them sitting in the deli, for sale by the pound IIRC. I believe they were "Boars Head" brand. They were good

Not sure if thats going to be at all national for you though.
-C

Tekno_Cowboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Milwaukee baby dills are darn good, but I don't know if they make it to where you are...

bitslammer

Enlightened
I do like the Claussen's; just the right balance of flavors.

When I want a non vinegar based pickle then it's Bubbies hands down. Simple, no preservatives (which pickles should not need), and a taste like no other.

http://www.bubbies.com

Ingredients

• Cucumbers
  • Artesian Well Water
  • Garlic
  • Salt
  • Dill
  • Spices

seaside

Enlightened
What was that brand with olive and green?
I always buy that brand for the reason I don't know. I just always pick that up without taking a look at another brands.

But, honestly I am not a dill person, and every kosher dill out there taste almost the same. Someone told me that's because I haven't had real good kosher dill. Yeah, I wish I can have real good one too.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
My favorite, based on distant memories growing up in Pittsburgh, was a brand called Warsaw Falcon. I remember the label saying "Polski Wyrob". They're probably no longer around. Today any kosher dill is a great pickle. Mt. Olive and Cates pickles come from just down east of here.

Geoff

D.B.

Newly Enlightened
Claussen kosher dill.

You know, the pale pickle! :thumbsup: Nice and crunchy.

I agree!

Actually, one of my favorites is from the local renaissance festival. They sell these GIANT dill pickles for $1. Almost look like full size cucumbers. You can hear the guying hawking them yelling "one dill for a bill!" :D

Norm

Retired Administrator

Sub_Umbra

Flashlight Enthusiast
My grandma makes the best pickles ever. Very crisp very garlic.
Decades ago I bought the 10 acre "home place" of an old farm. In the basement of the farm house were a few jars of home canned dill pickles sitting on a shelf. They were far and away the best pickles I've had in my entire life...

Latest posts