Ra Clicky 140 Cn - locator flash does not work...

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
Long time no post - I've been waiting for my Ra Clicky to arrive, and due to a #%^#$%^ up with Australia Post I had to wait 5 months to receive it. 5 MONTHS. Many thanks to Kevin at Battery Station for his patience in this regard.

Anyway it finally turned up today and as luck would have it - the locator flash does not work. By that I mean I can turn on the programming, program the light appropriately (all of the other features such as auto turn off etc work) and the locator flash simply will not come on. Resetting, hard resetting, changing battery types, cleaning contacts etc - no dice.

While waiting for my Clicky to arrive I read with trepidation some of the bugs users had encountered (flickering etc etc) and hoped they wouldn't affect me. And they didn't, I just got a brand new bug of my own...

Henry responded very promptly to my email and since locator flash is important to me, it looks like the torch is going on another holiday soon, hopefully not a 5 month one this time.

Other than the locator problem, it's bloody fantastic, as close to as perfect a torch as I've yet owned.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
Are you sure it's not working?

I initially thought the locator flash on mine wasn't working as well, but it was just using a lower output level than I was expecting - much lower than the locator flash of the NovaTac, for example. In a daylit room, I only notice the Clicky locator is on if I shield the business end and look very closely.

gadgetnerd

Enlightened
Are you sure it's not working?

I initially thought the locator flash on mine wasn't working as well, but it was just using a lower output level than I was expecting - much lower than the locator flash of the NovaTac, for example. In a daylit room, I only notice the Clicky locator is on if I shield the business end and look very closely.

Unless my model has a new infra-red locator flash invisible to the naked eye, then yes, I'm sure it's not working :)

I'm all for a lower flash than the HDS and Nova, but this is ridiculous!