Is this possible?

realitycheck

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys I was on the tool truck today looking around and he had this flashlight. Nice flashlight pretty bright. Anyway it runs off three AAA, and says its 90 lumens. They said on the box it ran for like 128 hours or something. I just dont see this possible on three AAA's Am I just completely wrong?
http://cgi.ebay.com/COAST-LED-Lense...temQQimsxZ20090407?IMSfp=TL090407151002r16888

And what do you guys think about this light?

Marduke

Flashaholic
It is not possible. LED Lenser (Coast) is well known for false advertising. The battery life is only a couple of hours in actual use.

For that price, there are a lot of other, better lights.

realitycheck

Newly Enlightened
yeah i didnt think it was.
I was not actually planning on buying it I was just wondering. I'd rather just spend a few more bucks and get a SureFire. :)

Big_Ed

Flashlight Enthusiast
Maybe on the packaging they just forgot a decimal point. Instead of 128 hours, maybe they meant 12.8....or probably 1.28!

Gunner12

Flashaholic
LedLenser seems to post runtimes till the LED is not visibally glowing.

For the price I'd look at other lights unless you can't live without focusing.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
LedLenser seems to post runtimes till the LED is not visibally glowing.

For the price I'd look at other lights unless you can't live without focusing.

x2.. it should also be noted that Lenser does not recommend the use of NiMH cells in many of their 3AAA lights.

LukeA

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think everything I have to say has been said by others (besides that 3AAA lights are typically of poor construction both mechanically and electronically), but I would like to say that a user named "realitycheck" posting a thread called "Is this possible?" made me laugh.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
My dad has the older gen. model. I usually use it to take out the trash. The package it came in said 60 lumens, but (even with fresh Duracells) it is dimmer when compared to my mag LED. The focus is ok, but when set to flood, you get a big dark hole in the center of the beam. Not very bright, and dims quickly.:eek::(

deKatt

Newly Enlightened
646-foot effective range?

I couldn't throw it that far. :devil:

Kestrel

Flashaholic
646-foot effective range?
I couldn't throw it that far. :devil:
That's why the specification is for it to be shot from a cannon, along with an auxilliary power source.

280mm-1.jpg

Makes for a shorter runtime though.

Last edited: