nitecore defender stuck on high?

Nubo

Enlightened
My Nitecore Defender Infinity suddenly seems to be stuck on the high setting. Twisting the head can switch between high and strobe, but no dimming. Fresh battery doesn't help. Is there anything to try? I don't really know how the interface works or what's under that split-ring. I was thinking maybe flush the head with some electrical cleaner but don't know if that's advised.

Thx

Marduke

Flashaholic
Sounds like the user defined mode may be set to high.

You know to ramp you have to start with the head loose, then quickly tighten and loosen again, right?

ResQTech

Flashlight Enthusiast
Same thing happened to me, took out the battery and replaced with new and it was fine... Maybe a low battery problem, but doesnt really make sense.

Nubo

Enlightened
Sounds like the user defined mode may be set to high.

You know to ramp you have to start with the head loose, then quickly tighten and loosen again, right?

Yes, I've used the light heavily over the last 9 months or so.

But lo and behold, I finally got it to dim. The thing that was catching me out was that the ramp-down curve was abnormally extended for some reason, taking nearly 10 seconds before the brightness dimmed appreciably. By then I'd been "giving up". Now that it's been "exercised" a few times, it seems to be back to normal.

I usually wear it around my neck, and have taken up bicycle commuting for the last few weeks. I'm starting to wonder if perspiration may have played a role. Guess I'll keep it in the pack while I'm exercising. :oops:

Thanks