The wrong house at the wrong time...

Catman10

Enlightened
I was over at my girlfriends house at about 1 am last night (we were arguing about something as is our custom), when we heard a strange noise coming from her backyard. I opened the back patio door and tried to see where it was coming from. When I opened the door there was some rustling in the bushes, but it was too far away and too dark to see /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif
My chance had come, that night I had my C3 (with P91 LA) with me and turned it on to see what was going on. There were these two kids hiding in the bushes by her garage, now engulfed with light. I could see them looking at my direction, squinting and unable to see. They just sat there for a couple of seconds, then one of them ran and the other followed. I'm not sure what they were doing, but it was pretty funny to see them trying to hide in a spotlight. I can't imagine if I had an M6 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif My girlfriend was scared, but it made my night.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
nice job! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

i would consider that the right house at the right time... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris T

Newly Enlightened
That is a cool feeling. I live in a nature preserve and have had a few similar experiences with kids sneaking around at night. Last week I chased a group out and then decided to keep watch for a few minutes. Sure enough, about 5 minutes later I see a car coming down the road that suddenly turns off its lights and rolls into our parking lot thats about 1000 feet from where I was. I let them sit for about a minute and then lit them up with my Streamlight. I would have loved to have seen the look on their faces. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
Chris T said:
I let them sit for about a minute and then lit them up with my Streamlight. I would have loved to have seen the look on their faces. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Chris

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmm, if you would have used the almighty Surefire M6 to light them up, you would have seen the looks on their faces /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/twak.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

-Keith

V8TOYTRUCK

Flashlight Enthusiast
It would of been funnier if you had a X990! They see it warming up thinking ''Whats that blue thing over there?'' and then BAM!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

...woulda been funnier with the Maxabeam set on strobe! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

webley445

Flashlight Enthusiast
Umm, does it bother anyone that peoples [even kids] were sneaking aroung, hiding in bushes in someone's backyard?
Gee, how often do they do this? Do they make a habit of going into your yard/onto your property?
What were they up to, what were their intentions?
Will they do this when you're not home but your girlfriend is?
I don;t think I would tolerate that type of behavior within my residence.

Catman10

Enlightened
To answer your question, yes it did bother me. Quite frankly, my girlfriend lives in an area of the city that has the highest crime rates. I don't think that this happens too often, though I wouldn't know for sure. She essentially lives with me on the 14th floor of an apartment building and we rarely spend time at her place. I think that her parents continue living where they do because her mother works in the immediate area, but it's their choice and I don't get invovled in it. I think that the kids were trying to get into her garage. Aside from those facts, I don't see a lot of options available. By the time police got there, they would likely be gone. Canadian gun laws preclude even firing warning shots. Perhaps the best I can hope for is to save up for an X990 and try to burn their retinas /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Banshee

Enlightened
CLAYMORE..."front towards enemy"

That'll learn em !!

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Blikbok

Enlightened
I have noticed that the proper application of light on most nocturnal activities induces proper behavior in the shiftless and relatively useless teenagers around here.

I guess "big light" equals "cop" or some other symbol of authority. Something to be said for the wall of light. No need to aim the pencil beam.