Help! Need a source for bare 14mm mcpcb LED bases & bare circular 15mm pcb's!

DCS

Newly Enlightened
I've looked everywhere!

I need 25 bare 14mm mcpcb LED bases (star, or round 2-hole) with standard LED solder contacts. These are common aluminum led pcb bases. I know Cree makes them, I have a few with P4 emitters attached that I've taken out of flashlights. I just don't know where to buy them.

Also - does anyone know of a source for 15mm diameter circular bare pcb's? These could be through-hole proto board or blank pcb or already-etched pcb's (pattern doesn't matter). I just need some 15mm discs and I don't want to have to cut them out of proto board myself.

Thanks!

DCS

Newly Enlightened
Well, FWIW, it's not too hard to find 14mm round mcpcb manufacturers on the bulk Chinese venues, but you're going to have to buy a bundle to gain access to them.

My luck with various sizes of circular pcb's was about the same: not much out there.

With all the DIY-ers, I'd have thought that circular proto through-hole and/or circular blank pcb's might have been more common.

Thx.

Seiko

Newly Enlightened
I agree on both counts. Id love to see some stars in 14mm other then the Q5 and lower. The r2 on a 14mm would be kick rump. So easy to make p60 drop ins or AA lights with little to no fuss. Like you said they are out there, but unobtainable other then in very rare applications or unless you buy 2500 of them.

And you figure someone out there would make a blank 17mm pcb for the same reason, they probably sell a bunch of the 26mm drop in kits that take the 17mm pcb, so why not offer a blank one for direct drive. Or if you want to DIY just trim it down a bit to fit in your application.

If you ever do run across a source for either id be interested in a few.

VegasF6

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not exactly what you are looking for, but I bought a 5 pack of round PCB from Radio Shack. Part 276-004.
It has 60mm, 45mm,30mm,25mm, and 16mm sizes. But, at a buck a board, not such a great price. So close on the 16mm though.

Robin Steal

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone ever found the smaller bare mcpcb's? I've been looking and so far the smallest I've found is from Cutter at 17mm and they can only be trimmed so much. I'm tempted to see what a quantity deal would be if I could find it in China. Figure I could mail order out the excess at break even cost for the next few years to recoup the extra outlay of cash.LOL