Flashlight lanyards

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does anyone know where I can find a wrist lanyard like the ones sold with Lumapower. They are thicker than the thin flimsy ones that come with the Fenix. I need them to have as small thread loop as possible to attach to my P3D and P2D. I found what I think I want at Shiningbeam but for some reason I have problems checking out with my credit card their. Here is a link to the lanyard style I'm looking for. Thanks http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-102/MG-Premium-Lanyard-for/Detail

prof

Enlightened
Have you checked lighthound? They usually have a lot of stuff in stock, including materials to make your own.

Off topic: where in TN? Drop me a PM if you want, so we can keep the thread on track.

tx101

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you can get a split ring thru the hole, why dont you use
a paracord lanyard

ypsifly

Enlightened
I was never into lanyards until I played around with the one that came with my SF SC3 carrier. Its a Z50: http://www.surefire.com/surefire/content/z50_large.jpg. Strong with two stoppers for custom fit and the split ring/claw snap combo allows for quick and easy detachment.

I know what you mean about the Fenix lanyards. Functional but they don't impress me like the Z50. At the same time, it has been pointed out by other members here that if you are going to work with the light near moving machinery a lanyard that breaks under lower stress is safer. If you plan on running a wood chipper at night...go flimsy. lol

Spence

Enlightened
Techno Cowboy-
I really appreciate a good looking, extremely functional lanyard. Cowboy, you make the best looking lanyards I've ever seen. Your braiding talent and craftsmanship are beyond comparison, they are wonderful. I don't like dropping things, especially my lights. So I wear and utilize them hooked on lanyards and was using ball-chain from ACE Hardware to make mine. I was impressed with the paracord lanyard that came with my SureFire L1 Lumamax, and decided to try making my own. I obtained all the goodies from Lighthound.com and began fashioning lanyards for nearly all of my lights because it was so much fun.
My daughter was visiting from Salt Lake City and showed me the basics for braiding 4 strands of paracord. I had some rawhide and kangaroo hide cord and fashioned that into braided lanyards and they came out pretty nice. I've given some to family and friends, but you needn't worry about competition from me, considering your works of art.:twothumbs:thumbsup:

Latest posts