Arc LSL be changed to a LSH ? - By a newbie ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jtice

Flashaholic
I want LS BAD. But cant really afford it.
So, I thought Id get a "second" for $60.
But I really need it to be LSH. Can I buy the high dome lens , and install it myself?, to make a low dome one. (that knowing my luck is what I would get) a high dome.?

paulr

Flashaholic
Ehh, it might be possible but it's really not worthwhile. You'd have to take the light apart, unsolder the surface mount LED, buy a high-dome Luxeon from somewhere (at least $10 right there) and solder it on, and put the light back together and hope you didn't break something in the process. It's easier to just buy an LSH in the first place (I've seen them as low as $70).

Why do you "really need" an LSH? The LSL is a good light and some people prefer it, which is why both versions are available.

jtice

Flashaholic
Well, the heck with that! LOL

I really like a light to throw light. And besides, a focused highdome light will flood some light also.

I wouldnt be real sad with a low dome, but would much rather have a high one......

$70 ???? FROM WHERE !!!!!

paulr

Flashaholic
Countycomm had LSH's on special for $70 but they ran out. Who knows, maybe they'll get some more. I think some other dealers have them in the $85 range.

If you want an light with maximal throw, an Arc (even an LSH) really isn't the right choice. Try a Space Needle II or an incandescent.

jtice

Flashaholic
Oh i know the Arc isnt the BEST for throw,,, I just am in love with the light itself. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

But sence I know its not going to want to throw much, i better at least get the high dome version

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Someone posted that they found a LSHP for around 105.00. Can't remember who posted that.

jtice have you been to the dealer section on Peters site? Just go down the line. Beware some dealers claim to have stock but don't.

C

Crazydude

[ QUOTE ]
Lebkuecher said:
Someone posted that they found a LSHP for around 105.00. Can't remember who posted that.

jtice have you been to the dealer section on Peters site? Just go down the line. Beware some dealers claim to have stock but don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pyramus was the seller & I was the buyer. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/naughty.gif

Cd...

Status
Not open for further replies.