LF5XT, any improvements?

mighty82

Enlightened
I bought a LF5XT on preorder almost one year ago. When I received it, it had some horrible flickering and whining issues, so I haven't really used it.
Now I sent the head in for a fix and a fw upgrade, and I hope all the problems will be fixed. :)

But I wonder if anyone have tested any newer lf5xt's or one with a newer fw to see if there is any improvements in runtime or other improvements. I know it had some bad runtime results on high level with a 14500 battery. I can only find old runtime graphs.

ackbar

Enlightened
I bought a LF5XT on preorder almost one year ago. When I received it, it had some horrible flickering and whining issues, so I haven't really used it.
Now I sent the head in for a fix and a fw upgrade, and I hope all the problems will be fixed. :)

But I wonder if anyone have tested any newer lf5xt's or one with a newer fw to see if there is any improvements in runtime or other improvements. I know it had some bad runtime results on high level with a 14500 battery. I can only find old runtime graphs.

I have two that I sent in to be reprogrammed. AFAIK the fix only resolves the tap problem and reduces the delay from .4seconds to .3. Liteflux did tweak my second light to reduce the whine on 14500s. I don' t know if they do this by default, I asked for it specifically.

Runtime feels the same to me. however I usually only use it at 50% for the extended runtime.

mighty82

Enlightened
The reasons i'm sending it in is to get rid of the whining, flickering and the turning off when tapped issue.

I put a paper in the package with the head where I wrote everything that needed fixing, so hopefully they will fix all of it.

How long did it take to fix yours?

ackbar

Enlightened
The reasons i'm sending it in is to get rid of the whining, flickering and the turning off when tapped issue.

I put a paper in the package with the head where I wrote everything that needed fixing, so hopefully they will fix all of it.

How long did it take to fix yours?

The turnaround was quite fast. He had it on the bench and out the door again in less than 3 days. Waiting for the head to make it's round trip on the other hand wasn't. It took 2/3 weeks to arrive (I was in the same boat as you, either pay 50 for tracking and insurance or send it in via small packet) and he sent it back to me via registered airmail (which took 2 weeks)

I really missed that light during that 5 week period. In case you haven't noticed, the LF5XT is my favorite light. Ask the guys from the GTA gettogether about it.. I went on and on about it :p

mighty82

Enlightened
Yes, i'm going to send it in as unregistered airmail. I'm just hoping it get's there. I have had things disappear in the mail before.

I have had it sitting in a drawer for nearly a year now, so I really shouldn't miss it for a couple of weeks, but who knows.

I havent bought any lights since the D10 pre-order, but now i'm suddenly on a buying spree again. I have lost the D10 and a couple of E01's, they all just :poof: disappeared into thin air. :sigh:

ackbar

Enlightened
I havent bought any lights since the D10 pre-order, but now i'm suddenly on a buying spree again. I have lost the D10 and a couple of E01's, they all just :poof: disappeared into thin air. :sigh:

Yeah, I fell off the wagon too. I really haven't been buying any lights since I got the LF5XT. Well.. that isn't entirely true. I picked up a solarforce + warm tint dropin in oct but other than that it has been slow for me too, until now.

in the last 2 weeks I have pre-ordered the EZAA (still on the fence on that one. I hope they get back to us soon) picked up a new Mag host + aspherical lens and now have traded away my Surefire Titan for a custom Ti D10. WHEN WILL THE MADNESS STOP???? :D