New EagleTac M2X (Beam Shots) P7 & R2

bullettproof

Enlightened
I found these 2 beam shots of the Eagletac M2X the R2 looks better then I thought.If you click on the picture in the link you can see the Beam shots at 30 yards away.Click the pic to get it in the upper box then double click it to make it bigger. I am actually very impressed with how focused the R2 looks. Actually its a lot better then I would had thought WOW. Now I am confused on which one to get.I figured everyone would want to see so here's the link.

I got these pics off of the website I preordered mine at go to the website and look at the M2 and the pics are better there I couldnt enlarge them.

www.flashlightconnection.com

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb....imageshack.us/img23/374/m21k.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Last edited:

suregetfired

Newly Enlightened
Full size pics...

1060v.jpg

1213r.jpg

1217.jpg

PsychoBunny

Enlightened
I prefer the M2C4 myself.
And I am confident that the throw will be just fine for my needs :thumbsup:
Plus, I like the extra fill. And I agree with the above, never use
white targets please!! :sigh:

P.S. I dont like the concentrated hot spot on the XCR, though I do not
understand how tri R2's can do that unless each one is exactly focused
to the center!?

Last edited:

applevision

Flashlight Enthusiast
I too am beyond confused.

From the pics the hotspot on the M2X is so tight! And there seems to be brighter spill than with the M2... it almost seems backwards but you can see that there is "overlapping" spill with the M2X so it must be the multi... unless they got the lumens backwards: 900 for the M2X and 800 for the M2...

I kinda wish I had pre-ordered the M2X now...

Hmmm!

Unclemonkey

Newly Enlightened
Is it just me? or is the side spill from the m2x seem way brighter that the m2? I got to see it for myself. It don't make sense.:confused:

1996alnl

Enlightened
I think i would go with the M2C4.
It seems like the more useful beam to me,there's no point in lighting up something 200m away. I wouldn't be able to see it in daylight anyway.

Besides i have enough throwers,give me a wall of light anyday.There's nothing more impressive then lighting up EVERYTHING within 50m.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Glad I pre-ordered M2X cool white for a thrower. Looking at the newer 2 pics, M2X R2 is more intense in which it washed out more details than the M2X 5A. Probably this will be more obvious if beam shots for further targets are shown. :p

vincebdx

Newly Enlightened
I stay with the M2X R2 WD .
M2X have more spill and bright hotspot after 15 yards.

Last edited:

Phaserburn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think i would go with the M2C4.
It seems like the more useful beam to me,there's no point in lighting up something 200m away. I wouldn't be able to see it in daylight anyway.

Besides i have enough throwers,give me a wall of light anyday.There's nothing more impressive then lighting up EVERYTHING within 50m.

Exactly how I feel, too. Doesn't appear to be a dark spot in the P7 beam that I could see.

NairB

Newly Enlightened
:thinking:

I just cannot decide now looking at those picts. I see a use for both the M2 & M2X....:sick2:

I think I might have to get both.......:broke:

Look at the clarity of the palm tree the M2 gives but look at the throw from the M2X.

Very very difficult choice folks.

vincebdx

Newly Enlightened
I too am beyond confused.

From the pics the hotspot on the M2X is so tight! And there seems to be brighter spill than with the M2... it almost seems backwards but you can see that there is "overlapping" spill with the M2X so it must be the multi... unless they got the lumens backwards: 900 for the M2X and 800 for the M2...

I kinda wish I had pre-ordered the M2X now...

Hmmm!
For M2 - M2X current = 2.8A (3*0.933A for M2X)

P7 D bin = ~765 lm
p7lumen.png

3*R2 = ~792 lm
lumenr2.png

In theory, M2 and M2X can have the same power output.

Last edited: