The most expensive Fenix P1D - $ 760 !

Ritch

Enlightened
This night I had time to read in Carrot's Flashlight story thread and I had great fun. That reminded me of an incident which happened two years ago.
We were in our summer resort in Albarella, Italy. In this holiday area you have to drive by bicycle, cars are tolerated, but they have to drive absolute slowly. In the night we were returning from a pizzeria and the way back to our rented bungalow became a cycle race. Being in the lead before my wife and my daughters, the speed was critical, it was damned dark and the Albarella-bikes are old, have bad brakes and no light. So I picked my Fenix P1D out of the pocket. Some of you will remember the early P1D's with the wobbling threads. It was hard to get the right brightness level by one hand operation. When the Fenix was between my teeth finally, it illuminated the street very well, the "drive slow" barrier directly in front of me, too. I only felt a slug and launched from my bicycle. I was not hurt badly, only some abrasions, but one of my teeth which held the Fenix, was broken. Back from the holidays I got a Titan pin with a porcelain crown. I kept the bill. Expenses: $ 760
Shortly after I purchased my first PT EOS. :D

Cato

Newly Enlightened
Couldn't you ask the doctor to include a micro LED into your new front tooth? ;-)

litetube

Enlightened
HAHA!! Good story. Sorry you had to go thru denatl procedures :sigh:
I do hope you still held on to that P1D? Or did you inadvertantly swallow it and have to pass it thru?
I would have it in a clear case with that price tag on it and what was left of the tooth next to it.

Ritch

Enlightened
Couldn't you ask the doctor to include a micro LED into your new front tooth? ;-)
Each battery change would be either painful or expensive because of the Novocaine jab :thinking:

HAHA!! Good story. Sorry you had to go thru denatl procedures :sigh:
I do hope you still held on to that P1D? Or did you inadvertantly swallow it and have to pass it thru?
I would have it in a clear case with that price tag on it and what was left of the tooth next to it.

I didn't swallow it, I hate built in rear lights ;)

Last edited:

TONY M

Flashlight Enthusiast
$760! That ought to teach ya not to put it in you're mouth.

Glad to hear you were not too badly hurt.