Fenix digital LOD

lrp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi, I'm thinking about buying this small AAA light and I was told that you could put a Lith-ion battery in it, if so, which one? Not really up on lithiums that small. Thanks!!

Marduke

Flashaholic
You can, but it's not exactly supported. You are running it way out of spec, so user beware.

That being said, it takes a 10440 cell.

Make sure to get the Q4 version for best performance.

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah I ran 10440's in my LOD for a while but I gave it up. They are fun because you get some crazy output but ultimately it's not really worth it. For one, when fully charged, the 10440's are a bit too much for the lod and it makes the light blink on lower modes, although this wears off after a few minutes of use. Also the light both gets very hot on high and has a very short runtime. Lastly, 10440's have no protection, so if you don't recharge them before they get too low, they are gone for good. Eventually both of mine died, the first one because I didn't know how to use them properly and the second because the lod accidentally turned on in my pocket and ran until dead. All that being said they are still fun to amaze or annoy your friends with and if you want them get them from AW in the marketplace.

scottaw

Enlightened
Grab some cheap and easy NiMh cells, they work GREAT in the 1xAAA fenix lights. I have eneloops in my LD01 and i have rayovac hybrids in an L0D. If you're gonna use it and charge it regularly, any nimh will be great, no need for hunting down eneloops.

HKJ

Flashaholic
Hi, I'm thinking about buying this small AAA light and I was told that you could put a Lith-ion battery in it, if so, which one? Not really up on lithiums that small. Thanks!!

Get a LF2X, it is designed to use LiIon batteries and will still work on low levels.
L0D is not designed for LiIon and you might damage the light.

deusexaethera

Banned
You can always use single-use Energizer Lithium AAAs in it. They run damn near forever and you don't have to worry about them destroying anything.