• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Modified Ultrafire W200

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
As per details in this thread... https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/228494

Price is $180us but will include a different aspheric if it works better. EDIT Price is $300nz + shipping of $10NZ or $50 tracked world wide
You can specify beam angle form 4 degrees up.
Uses R2 LED driven at 1 amp.
Uses 2 18650 Li Ion cells or upto 4 CR123's
200meter rated
ISTandW200.jpg

IST above. W200 below
10wHIDvsW200.jpg

Left W200 Right Welch Allen 10w HID "6 deg" spot
P7inW200.jpg

What a P7 version would look like.

All shots F2.8 8 sec. Last shot may have a different white balance

Last edited:

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks dude.
Just added a P7 version shot. Well its a P7 in the reflector I will be using. Its driven at 2.8 amps so about 1.5 hours run time.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool. Will take a week or so before its ready to send.
Is 3 mode OK?
100% 50% 10%
Should give up to 15 hours on low

Gary123

Enlightened
I can attest to the quality of Packhorse's lights and confidence in dealing with him.

Question Packhorse: The picture of a P7, you say this what a P7 "version would look like." The language is confusing. Is the picture of an actual aspheric P7 version of the W200, or is the picture of something different?

I might be interested in a P7 or MC-E aspheric, but with a wider beam, something like the IST I got from you.

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
The P7 pic is just a P7 and reflector direct driven off a 3.6v supply ( it was actually 2.6 amp). I have not yet fitted a P7 into a W200. That will happen in a week or so.
The P7 or MC E version will have a much wider beam than the IST. Probably 15 degrees or more.
Anyway until then check this out. Its a R2 in the W200 with a new aspheric lens that gathers more light from the LED. Its defocused to give a 10 degree (aprox) beam. On the right is a IST. As you can see the W200 is slightly brighter AND has a slightly bigger beam angle. Plus twice the burn time.
w200vsIST.jpg

Last edited:

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here is the new P7 version of the W200.
Pics are Hi, Mid Lo all at 8 sec, f 2.8 as are the pics above.

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

Pin

Newly Enlightened
I'm impressed Packhorse... it's interesting to see the different beam patterns from the different emitters.

Infact, I'm so impressed I might have to upgrade my current backup light.... Just don't know which emitter I want yet!

Last edited:

Kilili

Newly Enlightened
The IST mod you sent is great, I'm happy. I'm also interested in something brighter and 2-3 levels of output. Might the Ultrafire W200 mod be suitable? The 2*18650 sounds good, or is there some other conversion potential using a different body and larger batteries? I'm clueless about this, as well as the different led variants. I've no idea about the possibilities.

The projected image size, or whatever it's called, for the IST mod is good, don't need anything wider or narrower, I think.

Let me know. I have until about mid-August or so. Then it's 2 months in Indonesia, and I'll want it before then.

Thanks,
Ken
kc@kililicom

denzilmstn

Newly Enlightened
Packhorse - I'm new and can't PM you. Can you please contact me at droberts at wisenetnz. I'm interested in some of you mod'd lights but have a few questions. Thanks in advance Derek

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Orders are now being taken for the all new W200/ R4 reflector!!!!

Cost $300NZ plus shipping.

R2 XR-E left R4 XP-G right

R2I.jpg
R4I.jpg

R2O.jpg
R4O.jpg