P100c2 arrived today, going back tomorrow !!!

Valmet62

Newly Enlightened
I have been waiting to get my new EagleTac P100C2. It arrived today, Dead On Arrival. It goes back tomorrow. I don't think I want a replacement unit. After installing the lanyard ring, there was missing finish on the ring as well as the tail cap. The finish is poor at best. Not what I expected. Really underwhelmed , even taking into account that it is a 40.00 light. I am an avid eagletac owner, have 4 other of their flashlights, but without being able to be Wow'ed by the actual output, I am returning it, may look at the T10L as a 18650 light to add to the collection.

Valmet62

EPVQ30

Newly Enlightened
i agree about the anodising being of poor quality, in fact mine is getting noticeably chipped away.
however, that doesn't deter me from keeping my C2, runtime and outputs are great.

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's odd that it didn't work out of the box.

BRO

Newly Enlightened
I received mine today and I think I am goingt to like it a lot. This thing will throw some bright light farther then a tax man's reach.

The finish is not the best for sure. But it will be fun to play with and when I get tired of it. It is cheap enough that I can afford to give it to one of my nephews or a friend. But I'm going to have fun with it for a while.

1996alnl

Enlightened
I'm very happy with my P100c2,it's my first EagleTac.
I'm so impressed by it's output,beam quality and runtimes that i'll be looking at more lights from this company.

I can't complain about the finish on mine,it was fine when i got it. Love the knurling,just wish it came with a clip instead of the ring..but for the price i'm not complaining.

I don't know how anyone can say there not impressed by this lights output.
For it's size it's got one of the hottest tightly focused hotspots around with decent spill.

I came to the light...

Flashlight Enthusiast
Too bad yours didn't work out. I got mine today too, and am very impressed with just about everything about it. Only a very tiny anodizing problem on mine.

BRO

Newly Enlightened
I was out playing with mine again last night. Man this thing is a bargin, it is very bright, light and throws. I left my RA Clicky on the night stand and carried the P100Ca around and it is a nice light to carry as well. I did not buy it to replace my RA Clicky and it will not. But it is a nice quailty light for the money especially to have available somewhere in your house.

1996alnl

Enlightened
I just puchased a clip from EagleTac-store.
The info states that it'll fit any P-series light. I hope it works as the only thing missing in this light is a (head down) clip.

AardvarkSagus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I tried the clip from my P10A2 and it did technically fit on the P100C2. The issue was that there was nothing retaining it in place so it would spin freely. I didn't like that concept so until I decide to epoxy it in place (JB-weld FTW) I will go clipless.

makuyo

Newly Enlightened
easy, stretch a small o-ring and place it after the clip installed and screw down the tail cap...
that should give it a nice fit..
or do you mean the diameter of the clip is wider than the light?

Valmet62

Newly Enlightened
My apologies to Eagle Tac about the P100C2.....

I recently took the opportunity to post about my frustration about receiving a Dead on Arrival P100C2. Well, to my embarrashment it was operator error. The lanyard ring was not beneath the O ring and the night was not working. I spoke to Eagle Tac about the chipped tail cap and I had a replacemnt cap sent back with the original light. I used it last night on my walk, and I am absolutely impressed with this light. I apologize for my quick negative reactions, and I thank Eagle Tac for being patient with my concerns. The P100C2 is my new ENC (Every Night Carry) Light as I walk. The beam is perfect and the throw for such as small light is great !!! I have ordered the T100C2 now, and am waiting for it to arrive.

Valmet62

DM51

Flashaholic
Re: My apologies to Eagle Tac about the P100C2.....

You did not need to start a new thread about it. I'm merging it with the old one. I suggest you edit the thread title if you wish to redress the balance.