spot light

JRA240

Newly Enlightened
It is hard to find a spot light that I like. What are some name brands that are durable and bright realy bright I know I will be limited but something around $0-$90/110. I want some thing that I can throw around and give it crap and it wont complane about it.

thank you...

BlueBeam22

*Super Flashaholic*
I think you would really like the Coleman 530 lumen LED rechargeable spotlight. It matches all of your criteria and is extremely bright and powerful. It is almost completely waterproof (such as in rain) and takes shock very well such as being dropped on a hard surface without breaking. I have owned mine for about 8 months and use it all the time, and no problems with it!

It has a 2.5 hour runtime and can be run directly from its car adaptor for unlimited power, as well as its AC adaptor for short periods of time. It has great throw and will easily light things up 300 yards away.

It can be bought at Sears for $60 and sometimes at Wal-Mart.com for less. My picture of it: LINK

I think this thread might need to be moved to the Spotlights and HID flashlights forum.:)

If you just want the brightest and most powerful light possible then get the 3000 lumen Stanley High Intensity Discharge spotlight $70 from Wal-Mart or the Black&Decker V2 Million Power Series spotlight $30 from Home Depot. Either of these will be a lot more powerful than the Coleman, but I still find the Coleman to be the most durable. The Stanley HID is the next best choice as far as durability goes however due to the fact that HID bulbs are highly shock resistant.

:welcome:

DM51

Flashaholic
Welcome to CPF, JRA240.

As BlueBeam says, we have a dedicated sub-forum for Spotlights and HID lights, but my guess is you are just looking for a normal light that has good throw, so I think the thread can stay here for the time being.

If you give a better idea of how much power you want, it may then be appropriate to move the thread.

Spence

Enlightened
I've got an inexpensive solution for you to try for less than $25. I've put a number of these together and made gifts of them to buddies and family. First you buy a Black & Decker small sized, rechargeable spotlight (they make a small and large, but it's a little bulky) from Wal Mart for $16.95. Then you buy the H3-6v, 100 watt "Halogen" bulb in the tool section of SEARS, $4.50. It's easy to swap it out for the factory bulb. Charge the battery and fire it up. It throws a city block and it's blinding bright. It's a rugged, easy handling, inexpensive, high performance (for its' size) spotlight with a good runtime (I haven't the figure). The very same spotlight is packaged and marketed under a different brand name, at Target.
Good luck and have fun, I sure do, using it to terrorize my neighbors up and down the block.
evilgrin07.gif
wink2.gif